Crazy days, tons of fish in November

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Taken today, whitebait all over the beach, the blokes netting said they where shad, big for whitebait, I thought they were sandeels at first and mackerel topping everywhere, might try a spot of fly fishing tomorrow given the time. November and fly fishing for mackerel, very unreal that but nice..

The dark stain up against the wall is thousands of fish and the mackerel can just be made out harrying them. They were all along the beach, some people were picking them up, never quite seen this before in this spot, encouraging to see it given the dearth through the summer.

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Wow where was this? I plant to try some beachcasting this winter!

Dont bother Mike, all gone, what a difference a day makes. Rain forecast all day so I did not bother with the fly gear but went for a look. Nothing there, a slight coloring of the water so I guess all that white bait felt safe enough to venture back out to deeper water and the mackerel went with them. A couple of blokes mackerling and not a sausage. They could not understand it, they looked a bit puzzled, one bloke filled a bucket the day before so he brought down half a dozen bigger buckets and was decidedly ****** off. Serves him right for being a bloody greedy buggar. He was a lot bigger than me so I kept the thought to myself.
How much this emphasizes "no two days the same" when fishing is concerned. Thousands of fish one day literally and the next nothing.Amazing sight though, I do love the sea sometimes.

Last edited: