Much Needed

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
It's about time, we have had some rain today. Rivers and lakes around here are in need of the rain badly.

It will take a hell of a lot more to get the rivers back up, and they are in need of a good flush to get rid of the weed that seems to be very slow in going this year.

The mild weather isn't helping.

B

binka

We did have some rain forecast for tomorrow but it's changed to dry now.

River still at it's low summer level but checking back a couple of years it's fairly normal for the time of year, come the end of the month it could well be carrying a few feet extra...

I hope!

That said and all things considered it's a gravel pit for me tomorrow.

barbelboi

Reaction score
No rain forecast here for the foreseeable future (and it must be a couple of months since we had anything of note) - the rivers and backwaters are clear with a negligible flow and plenty of weed. The only way I can trot more than 1m ever five seconds, or so, is to fish the edges of the weir pools.........

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Down here in deepest darkest Wiltshire is tipped it down all day yesterday.

As I parked at the pub for lunch good old radio 4 was telling me that it was "currently dry and fine" in my part of the County . . . . . in which case why did I get ruddy drenched on the short walk to the hostelry?

The rain began early in the morning, around 6am and continued until just after 5pm so the river will be benefitting in a few weeks time, as we are on chalk here and it rakes forever for the rain to get into the water courses.

peterjg

Reaction score
I was fishing in Hampshire yesterday. It started raining hard at midday and stopped about 4pm - the weather forecast (Met Office) was for a dry day here.

THEY GOT IT WRONG YET AGAIN! They have satellite data, weather balloons, weather radar, computer algorithms, scientific equipment and they still get it wrong far too often. In any other profession if you constantly got your job wrong you would be dismissed.

It should not be called a 'weather forecast' it should be called a 'weather blind guess'! Like a fool I always look at the weather forecasts - I would be better off with a weather vane, a barometer and a bit of seaweed!!!!!

mikench

Reaction score
We had lots of rain yesterday. One minute the sun was out the next it was throwing it down! Fishing lost but my parents won!

theartist

Reaction score
It should not be called a 'weather forecast' it should be called a 'weather blind guess'! Like a fool I always look at the weather forecasts - I would be better off with a weather vane, a barometer and a bit of seaweed!!!!!

That's why it was so wet..........because the seaweed :eek:

barbelboi

Reaction score
I wish someone would send some rain here - I'm still watering the f in bedding plants....................

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
THEY GOT IT WRONG YET AGAIN! They have satellite data, weather balloons, weather radar, computer algorithms, scientific equipment and they still get it wrong far too often.

For a minute fraction of the costs of all that . . . they could rent out my right knee which is rarely, if ever, wrong

;)

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

I wish someone would send some rain here - I'm still watering the f in bedding plants....................

if you supply the beer Jerry then I'll "water" your plants . . for free . . . .

steve2

Reaction score
The forecast for where I was fishing yesterday was spot on. They said it would be raining by 2pm it started at 1-30 and never stopped till late last night.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
West of Reading, Berks on Friday I settled down to a session at 07.30 in what looked to be in reasonable weather - sort of mildish and no wind............I decide to take the brolly as the 'odd' shower was promised, but not until later in the morning - they said..

From 8am the odd spot or two of rain appeared on the surface and this continued spasmodically until 11am(ish) when the 'spots' turned into something approaching a deluge for around 30 minutes before settling down to the steady stuff which was still going strong at 1.30pm when I decided enough was enough.
Much of the pm was spent drying out tackle (nothing worse than wet stuff in the back of the car!) although I can safely say this has now been completed and I'm ready to go again next week, PROVIDING the forecast improves!

It doesn't look too clever up until Wednesday in south Bucks, but more promised rain will not go amiss, that's for sure!

Peter...............Are you sure on the Sarah K Lewis women?? Isn't she the one with that high pitched whiney voice that goes right through my head....Yes, she has the figure (from what I'm told!) but that voice, and first thing in/or the next morning Ugh!!!

Last edited:

iain t

Reaction score
We definitely need more rain in Sussex. Some places on the river Rother is down 3 to 4ft compared to last year. Some other areas the water is only about 12" in depth where it was 3ft last year. Think we should all do an Indian rain dance.