A bit of snow in the forecast

B

binka

Just watched the weather forecast and it looks as though we are likely to see some snow overnight Tuesday here in the east midlands, anyone further north will have a further increased chance.

I've been meaning to have a trot for grayling for some weeks now so it might just provide the perfect backdrop :)

Will anyone else be venturing out in the white stuff or will you be nicely tucked up in the warmth at home?

mikench

Reaction score
I will not be put off by a bit of the white stuff provided it is not accompanied by Siberian gusts. Often it is milder when it snows i find! Cannot say i have fished in the snow but have done pretty much everything else!:)

I need to put new brolly to the test! If it snows in the Derby/Nottingham area it is normally arctic this side of the Pennines!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Then chap who came to trim my trees mentioned the 'snow' word and that a sprinkle was to be had in south Bucks yesterday....

He didn't know it, but he came pretty close to getting a slap in the kisser!!

I did hear the midlands and further north might have a covering tonight/tomorrow and that's to be expected, but snow in THIS area, in NOVEMBER ? What was he thinking about!!

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
I see there's a severe weather warning for snow here tomorrow.
It's from the met office though,so probably won't do much.

greenie62

Reaction score
I see there's a severe weather warning for snow here tomorrow...

The warning seems to be for tomorrow afternoon -> Wed a.m. - although it says the worst should be more Easterly into Yorkshire - although they hedge their bets by saying there is still some doubt over how the winds will develop!
Nothing like a definitive forecast is there? - and boy that's nothing like a definitive forecast! :eek:mg:

stripey

Reaction score
i don't know where abouts you are in the east midlands binka, but i live in south derbyshire and it looks pretty good around here, will be venturing out either Thursday or Friday, either on the Trent or a well sheltered still water

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thankfully none is forecast down here in the wilds of South Wiltshire . . . . .

I did talk to an old friend in Oslo yesterday and they have already had their first proper snowfall of tis winter.

Typically, when it arrives it then stays for at lest 5 months even in the south of the Country.

It never ceased to amaze me when I lived there that after all that time when Easter arrives I only wanted to go to the sun for a week, but my Norwegian wife would insist that we went to the mountains . . .to get more blooming snow.
Go figure.

I have done a lot of fishing in the snow in the past but if it snows down here I'll not be venturing out . . . .

Last edited:
B

binka

i don't know where abouts you are in the east midlands binka, but i live in south derbyshire and it looks pretty good around here, will be venturing out either Thursday or Friday, either on the Trent or a well sheltered still water

Mansfield stripey.

We always seem to cop for it whenever there's a bit about and true to form they've forecast up to 4" overnight tonight albeit the heavier stuff to higher ground... I'm not that far off the highest point in Nottinghamshire :eek:mg:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Apparently there's some rain forecast here for after dark - been a long time coming..............

barbelboi

Reaction score
The rivers and streams here are gin clear with virtually no flow Skip - can't remember the last time we had rain of any significance. Apart from trotting the edges of weir pools for a bit of movement it looks like a trip to a pit/pond next week....

robtherake

Reaction score
It's peed down here over the last couple of days, so I'd not be surprised if the spate rivers are already coming up. Bit of snow on the windscreen this morning, too.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The rivers and streams here are gin clear with virtually no flow Skip - can't remember the last time we had rain of any significance. Apart from trotting the edges of weir pools for a bit of movement it looks like a trip to a pit/pond next week....

You can imagine what the Colne is like ! More colour in a bottle of Smirnoff though a lot less leaf. Waste of time.

I cant even be bothered to fish Bury Hill until we get rid of this high pressure. I can blank in much more comfort at home !

john step

Reaction score
Luckily my club is just round the corner. Handy to teach some deadbaits to swim!
Not cold enough to have a lid on it yet so ideal when the roads are slippery.

mickrigney

Reaction score
I was hoping to have my last two nighter after the Bream but it has turned a bit too cold for the old bones so its off to the Trent on Friday fishing the "pin" hoping to find the roach and chub in spite of the low water. As Dale Winton says "you got to be in it to win it" whatever "it" is
Tight Lines to all

wardalan1987

Reaction score
Looking forward to a good downpour of the white stuff, I work on construction sites so a good amount of snow could mean I don't have to go in the site I'm working on is over in Sheffield so I have my fingers crossed that it will come down hard out hat way.

Worse case scenario I'm off work Friday so I can get out hunting some pike then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robtherake

Reaction score
The weathermen seem to have changed their minds since this morning; now we're forecast rain and a minimum temp of 2 degrees C. Suits me.

bracket

Reaction score
No snow down here in Dorset, Some rain but not a problem. I am off to fish the Frome tomorrow, trying to bag a few grayling, maybe. Pete.

B

binka

Raining here as it was forecast to do and still forecasting a turn to snow during the early hours of the morning which means i'll be out the house well before 6am to make sure I get to my fist call in time tomorrow :(

Can't complain though, it's my only day on the road this week so when I get back it's play time :)