winter carpin

dadondo

Reaction score
hi i was wondering if anyone has reduced the amount of free offerings yet as the cooler months arrive, or are you still fishing to a large bed of bait?.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
yes ive gone down to pva bags or stringers now and will fish for a bite with smaller baits until I start catching then maybe up the amount of feed as the session progresses.

F

Frothey

if you stop the bait going in, they'll stop eating it. the water isn't all that cold yet...

dadondo

Reaction score
frothey so when would you think about reducing the free offerings and what would trigger it then just water temp or is there something else?.

F

Frothey

when the takes dry up. on commercials if the waters still cloudy, then the fish are still feeding - they rarely stop, even in winter. on "proper" waters, keep an eye on your spots and if the spots are still cleared out, keep putting bait into them. if its sitting there for days, then cut back.

depends on how accurately you are baiting as well. chuck a kilo of bait into your garage and you'll hardly notice it. chuck it on your bedchair you will. see what i mean?

dadondo

Reaction score
frothey i do like to spread my bait about to keep the carp moving , do you change your spod mixdepending on time of year ? . in the warmer months i tend to use particles alot and change to pelletn boilie for the colder months .

F

Frothey

a bit of everything - but making sure there's hemp, chopped tigers, corn, maize and chopped boilie in it.