Wheres that gone then

thecrow

Reaction score
I might be going even dafter but I am sure I just read an account of how a water that contained some good carp was found and how the author though that was were some controversial carp were caught and now its disappeared or didn't I read it I am prone to dropping off in the afternoon :D

greenie62

Reaction score
Sit up Graham - it's time for your medication again! :D:eek:mg:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
To paraphrase a good friend of mine:

This story has had "more encores than Pavarotti" :wh

I think it's just re-appeared with "moderated" alongside the title (but nothing to do with the moderators).

Philip

Reaction score
Nope not a dream. Shall we start a Buzz word bingo ? "Carp Society” has already gone I am afraid, however plenty of others still up for grabs. How long before we see some of these other gems make an appearance !

Lennox Power station /evens
Paul Selman 2/1
Prize rods 4/1
Bleeding Knuckles 5/2
Meeting minutes 7/1

:wh

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am prone to dropping off in the afternoon :D

It would be a great loss if you fell asleep through a good AT or EA bashing thread Crow, Peter J would be most upset:); would you like me to set up an alarm call for you when ones going on in case you miss it.
:)

---------- Post added at 06:50 ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 ----------

Nope not a dream. Shall we start a Buzz word bingo ? "Carp Society” has already gone I am afraid, however plenty of others still up for grabs. How long before we see some of these other gems make an appearance !

Lennox Power station /evens
Paul Selman 2/1
Prize rods 4/1
Bleeding Knuckles 5/2
Meeting minutes 7/1

:wh

Ahhh, those were the days.......united we stood.

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Found it, I think!

It's on the home page (main menu top left) and if clicked you get Cliff's article.

But there doesn't appear to be the usual direction link to the Forum (there was yesterday).

greenie62

Reaction score
Found it, I think!

It's on the home page (main menu top left) and if clicked you get Cliff's article.

But there doesn't appear to be the usual direction link to the Forum (there was yesterday).

Thanks Neil,
You mean a link like this: http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/headlines/18465-the-last-word-on-martin-gay-s-50lb-common-carp.html

I fear it may start the whole furore again - which could be why the Editor didn't flag it prominently! :eek:

Hope it helps settle your mind Graham - your medication must be about right now - but stand-by with the BP meds!:eek::eek:mg:

B

binka

I fear it may start the whole furore again - which could be why the Editor didn't flag it prominently! :eek:

Oh dear the link's not working for me and I can't remember what happened.

Just run it all by me again... :wh :wh :wh

thecrow

Reaction score
It would be a great loss if you fell asleep through a good AT or EA bashing thread Crow, Peter J would be most upset; would you like me to set up an alarm call for you when ones going on in case you miss it.

Mark you must have heard of a 6th sense? that's mine :)

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Nor for me Steve which is a shame because I would have liked a second read of it.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
about a bloke called Martin or maybe it was Marvin who caught/ didn't catch a carp/barbell in Britian/Canada that was 50lb/ not 50lb

delete as you wish

Still I did enjoy the previous threads this sparked - interesting to read both sides of the argument

B

binka

I thought the fish was called Martin and was caught by a bloke called Dave?

And fifty pound was the price of the day ticket??

IIRC there was some big controversy about it, I think it might have been the length of time it was kept in Dave's keepnet???

fishface1

Reaction score
Surely there's only one way to put this beyond all reasonable doubt?

All you need to say is that you once went to a lake and saw some carp, and that it had some features, (islands/weed?) and that someone definitely caught a mid twenty there once, and everyone's doubts will just fade away....