Fishing on the Morrow

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Hope to get out tomorrow .

Is it a Canal Pool or River day whats the feeling must admit i fancy river wada ya think ..#

Had one blank dont want another :eek:mg: :wh
#

PG ...

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Winter blanks go with the territory I'm afraid but we all learn something from them, or at least we should.

In my area the rivers are still a little on the low ide and these relatively high temperatures might make the pools or even the canals a better bet. a the boat traffic has subsided.

Good luck for whichever you choose . . . .

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I think 'fishplate' asked a somewhat similar question last week, so maybe it worthwhile to have a quick look at his thread, if you haven't already done so....
I have added my thoughts on his thread for what it's worth, but as Peter says winter fishing is always going to be something of a lottery, ALTHOUGH with some planning and a lot of thinking you can definitely improve your chances!

Only you know, or can find out what waters offer the best chance, so some research and asking around is probably the way to start off with.............

Good luck anyway, and let us know how you get on!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine at my local pub' has just bought an 80' narrow boat and we went to see it after lunch yesterday on the Kennet and Avon canal.

The canal really looked very inviting with a lot of fish topping and yet, no ta single angler in sight.

Truly amazing! The conditions were perfect for a roach session probably on bread baits or maybe maggot or caster.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Morning folks .

Well after a **** night late rise looks like it will be the pool first and if that is no good onto the Canals problem with the local canals right now is they are all absolutelt crystal clear a single maggot on the bottom can be seen no problem .

Will post how i got on later .

PG ...

B

binka

A friend of mine at my local pub' has just bought an 80' narrow boat and we went to see it after lunch yesterday on the Kennet and Avon canal.

I take it you'll be with your friend and on hand at the Caen Hill Flight to help with the locks Peter...

I would help out but I think I'm busy that day :D

Actually, thinking about it, your friend is going to struggle with an 80' boat as the maximum lock length is 72' :confused:

greenie62

Reaction score
...Actually, thinking about it, your friend is going to struggle with an 80' boat as the maximum lock length is 72' :confused:

Well - if he's bought it already - there's no turning back now! :eek::D:eek:mg:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I take it you'll be with your friend and on hand at the Caen Hill Flight to help with the locks Peter...

Actually, thinking about it, your friend is going to struggle with an 80' boat as the maximum lock length is 72' :confused:

The Hill Flight is an impressive sight especially in the summer with all the boats going through.

You are right though about the maximum length so he has to go the opposite way down towards Bath.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score

Would not want to be using that flight of locks more than once a year for sure ..could not even walk bottom to top with out a few extended stops ..

PG ...