Body warmer

chrissh

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a Nash Tackle ZT Quilted Body warmer to free up my arms. I will be wearing it over a fleece, will it be any good for keeping my back warm on the colder days

Any recommendation on other makes???

sagalout

Reaction score
I have been considering a puffa jacket and have a couple of questions. Are they warmer than a fleece? What make is best?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I bought a Peter Storm one some 10 years ago in Millets. It is still going strong, pretty tough and I wear it a lot not just for fishing. It suits certain days, chilly but dry rather than freezing and wet. It is nice to have the arms free and not the weight of a big coat for the right weather conditions; it has two good strong zipped pockets as well which is important, flimsy zips are a pain and these are still fully functional after 10 years of use. Its green and black a good colour, a nice fleece inside and a quilted nylon outer but the nylons strong. It cleans up with just a damp cloth well enough as well. I consider it one of my best buys in this department. You can slip a coat over it if required.
I do not know if it is the best make as it is the only make I have tried but I am very happy with it, certainly keeps the wind of the back and provides good warmth for what it is and in the right weather.

I am not sure if Peter Storm still do the one I have but might be worth including the name in your search

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I have been considering a puffa jacket and have a couple of questions. Are they warmer than a fleece? What make is best?

I wear both.....but I am an Old Boy now so I am allowed.

Big Phil has a Nash puffa jacket which he maintains is brilliant. I don't like the restrictions of a jacket so tend to wear multiple layers but my Trakker does keep the wind off nicely and it's not expensive...in fact I might have to treat meself to a Trakker gilet. Thank you for reminding me.

Belay that ! You can get a Nash XT off the bay for a little over 30 sovs so if they are anything like I'd be having one of those. You can't not have one at that price if they are half decent....and they look as if they are.

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
Belay that!
Cor, nearly proper navy, had you gone with "Belay the last pipe" you'd have been basically literally 110% 24/7 correct.

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

I have had a quick look on ebay and the Nash ZT jacket price gave me a heart attack. The trakker puffa is £40 in my size but I have found a Trespass for £25. Trespass is in the lead at the moment.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Watch the sizing Bosun Lout. The Trakker is oversized but most fishing clobber is in my experience. The Trespass is probably more true to size......and is probably available in Raspberry.

I am an XL all day long but my Trakker is an L and is plenty big enough. The Xl had room for me and a couple of wandering minstrels. Absolutely hay-uge !

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
I tried the trakker in medium at Bristol Angling, it was the only one they had, it was just about big enough for an arm band.

iain t

Reaction score
Why buy one from a fishing manufacture ? when if you go to an outdoor shop you can possibly get a better quality one at half the price

robtherake

Reaction score
Belay that ! You can get a Nash XT off the bay for a little over 30 sovs so if they are anything like I'd be having one of those. You can't not have one at that price if they are half decent....and they look as if they are.

I saw those and thought they looked pretty good -the material appears more hardwearing than many offerings, seems well-padded and at £30....:w

My ESP Drenchwear waistcoat is a quality item and looks like it'll last and last. Shame they dropped it from the range.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have ordered the trespass poofta jacket in bright pink from tesco direct £24.75 delivered to me door and I can go to the local tescos to return it if I don't like it. Proper job.

PS When I say local tescos it is 12 miles away, but with the traffic situation round it will only take a couple of minutes, not like you M25 types :p

S-Kippy

Reaction score
I'd happily brave the M25 to avoid a pink puffa jacket !

Unfortunately local TS did not have the ZT body warmer.....only the jacket which I must say is some piece of kit. Good price too...I'd have had one if I hadn't already got the Trakker. Assuming the bw is going to be basically the jacket without sleeves then it's a hell of a thing and hard to leave alone at not much more than 30 nicker. Would have liked to have tried one for size but I think I might just take as punt on this one.

Only showerproof mind......not that I make a habit of fishing in the rain anyway. This is for keeping Old Boys warm when they don't need a full jacket. No good for Louts as it only comes in green.

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
..... I suspect he'll need all the luck he can get if Mrs Lout catches him in it.

She'll probably be delighted to see him getting in touch with his female side ;) - rather than anyone else's female side :eek: or exhibiting his normal 'loutish behaviour!:eek:mg: :D:D:D

B

binka

I have ordered the trespass poofta jacket in bright pink from tesco direct £24.75 delivered to me door and I can go to the local tescos to return it if I don't like it. Proper job.

At least it will still look good after a raspberry fight :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why buy one from a fishing manufacture ? when if you go to an outdoor shop you can possibly get a better quality one at half the price

Yeaph, I reckon your right :w.

sagalout

Reaction score
I'd happily brave the M25 to avoid a pink puffa jacket !
Go on admit it you've been searching the web for one.

Oooh, a promotion at last, does that mean me pension will go up?

She'll probably be delighted to see him getting in touch with his female side
Being in touch with me female side is trimming me beard.

At least it will still look good after a raspberry fight :)
With me in it it will always look good!

sagalout

Reaction score
I have ordered the trespass poofta jacket in bright pink from tesco direct £24.75 delivered to me door and I can go to the local tescos to return it if I don't like it.
Well it arrived today and the fit in the shoulders was right but the gut had been made for a full on proper salad dodger. Took it back to tescos full refund, no hassle. I shall now be sticking to layers and a £10 reggata stuffa jacket thingy as a windproof and waterproof top layer and if I get cold I shall go home.