Testing

seth49

Reaction score

Just trying the way of uploading a photo by just entering the URL into the eighth icon from the right on the line above this box, still need photobucket to get the URL to upload though, or is there an easier way.

The photo is of a dab chick or little grebe that kept me company last week, first time I've seen one here.

Keith M

Reaction score
If photobucket doesn't seem to automatically copy the URL into my clipboard (i.e. If I am not using a device that allows photobucket to do this automatically when I click on the 'IMG' code) then I just 'copy and paste' the code from the photobucket box titled 'IMG' manually into my post and this has always worked for me.

The following pic of a Rudd was copied into this post in this way:

Alternatively if I just put the full web address of my image (including its filename) between the HTML tags
this also works.
The picture icon that appears above your post when your writing your post (2nd icon from the right) saves you from having to type the two HTML tags
so makes it a lot easier.

The following pic was Inserted into this post using this method and this doesn't require me to have photobucket either; as long as my picture is on the web somewhere which is not private.

FourthBarbel9lb3oz.jpg

Keith

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Last time---- image
I give up!
Thanks keith, that makes me feel much better !.:eek:mg::eek:mg: (lol)

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
It's anti aversion therapy sagalout, if they see enuf they see the beauty!:D

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Another try ----
woo woo woo! ---till next time :D

B

binka

If photobucket doesn't seem to automatically copy the URL into my clipboard (i.e. If I am not using a device that allows photobucket to do this automatically when I click on the 'IMG' code) then I just 'copy and paste' the code from the photobucket box titled 'IMG' manually into my post and this has always worked for me.

Funnily enough I had the same conversation on the phone with Crow earlier and said that this is exactly what I do.

Is this the problem that people are talking about in the other thread with photobucket, where the full size image doesn't load and you can't single click copy the image URL?

If so then it is affecting me too but I never gave it a second thought as I've been doing as Keith said to get around it.

flightliner

Reaction score
The orange colour òn the middle fishes face extended all along its underbelly, it made for a very remarkable looking fish.
Ive never seen it so vivid on a bream before, some trent roach , particularly on the tidal are sometimes marked with a similar orange colouration under the chin. They dont turn up very often but its very noticable when they do.
Anyone else noticed it on river fish in their area?.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Mick,

If you put your pictures into Photobucket and then open one up, then on the right hand side there are a few options to "Share this photo"

If you click on the second one, "Direct" then it automatically copies your picture.

Then in FM you click on the picture icon and paste the link onto there.

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Like this:

hobgoblin_gold.jpg

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score

Simples.
Well eventually, did work though,
The preview post option is handy to tell if it works.