Help Drennan hard case rod holdall 160cm

chrissh

Reaction score
Have any of you out there got one of theses and can tell me the exact size … I want a hard case to take my shimano beast master 10ft but the two half’s are not the same length … the longest length is 64” (162cm) would this fit???

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A difficult one to call is this: 160cm equates to 62 and 63/64th inches.

The best advice is to take your rod into a decent shop and try to see if it fits . . . . . .

chrissh

Reaction score
A difficult one to call is this: 160cm equates to 62 and 63/64th inches.

The best advice is to take your rod into a decent shop and try to see if it fits . . . . . .

Tried doing this yesterday went round 5 different tackle shop all of them can order them and can only give me the size from the catalogue,I’m hoping that they are over size

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried doing this yesterday went round 5 different tackle shop all of them can order them and can only give me the size from the catalogue,I’m hoping that they are over size

Then it is best to hope for someone who has one to check for you.

Although Drennan keep their developments here in the UK all of their manufacture is done overseas, with a lot from the Philippines and Malaysia.

To my mind the quality control of Drennan products went downhill when they moved manufacture out of the UK.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have a drennan double rod sleeve (not hard case) that's on drennan's web site as 5' 3"/160cm but the external measurement is 158cm so that would not take a 5' 4" section.

B

binka

Surely a quick email to Drennan, asking for the internal measurements, would sort it out?

chrissh

Reaction score
. . . or, there is always the Binka Alternative . . .

Just snap 3 inches off of each section of your rod?

Thats what the wife said !!!

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

I have emailed Drennan waiting on a reply from them … thanks all for your help

Richox12

Reaction score
Although Drennan keep their developments here in the UK all of their manufacture is done overseas, with a lot from the Philippines and Malaysia.

To my mind the quality control of Drennan products went downhill when they moved manufacture out of the UK.

Noooooo, utter twaddle and gossip, gossip, gossip. They still manufacture in Oxford and in their OWN facility (purpose built) in MAURITIUS. No mention of either the Philippines or Malaysia. It's on their own website.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Noooooo, utter twaddle and gossip, gossip, gossip. They still manufacture in Oxford and in their OWN facility (purpose built) in MAURITIUS. No mention of either the Philippines or Malaysia. It's on their own website.

Well, not quite . . . .

this is what they actually say:

"All research and tackle development remains in the UK together with some of the more complex high-tech production, however the company now has six purpose built factories outside of Europe in an economically competitive locations."

Having not only used but also having been a dealer in Drennan products I stand by my comments regarding the loss of quality control over he years and that was made worse when manufacture left the UK.
the Oxford facility deals mostly with the design, marketing and management while manufacture is mostly done overseas in . . . economically competitive locations . . . .

I understand people defending their chosen manufacturers but the fact remains that Drennan QC has seen a reduction in recent years.

Richox12

Reaction score
Well, not quite . . . .

this is what they actually say:

"All research and tackle development remains in the UK together with some of the more complex high-tech production, however the company now has six purpose built factories outside of Europe in an economically competitive locations."

In MAURITIUS. All 6 are on their OWN factory complex. Nowhere else. People who have been to Drennan HQ have seen the photos and I am sure they also had a photo/same photo on one of their Christmas cards.

There is never any mention of The Philippines or Malaysia. That's just trade gossip.