Thoughts please to river or not to tommorrow

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
As the title says .

What are peoples thoughts for tommorrow thinking of heading to the Stour at Stourton Castle (BAA water)given how cold they say it is going to go tonight would it be worthwhile dont really want to travel out there to waste time not catching if it can be avoided :wh.

I know the pool will be frozen it was this morning the canals are as clear as tap water was hoping river may be the one ..

PG ...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Don't know the river at all but if it was me I'd head down giving myself the last 3 hours of daylight. An hour to scout around and 2 to fish until it was too dark or I'd frozen my nuts off.....

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Ok thanks ..

Looks like i got to get my butt out the pitt in the morning get some bait and head to Stourton .

report back once i have tharwed out ..

PG ...

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Hope the effort is rewarded....

At the end of the day, if you don't try you'll always be wondering, what if....

Don't think about the cold, think fish and go for it!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Very crisp and white down here in Dorset but just put the thermals on plus several layers. I'll be on the banks of the Frome in about 30 minutes, it will be very cold but the target is grayling.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
This weather would be chub for me on the river, size 10 hook some mashed bread thrown in, float fish a piece of flake, the odd roach maybe. Hook buried in a lump of cheese, wander along, try some likely chub spots. Wander back, try the swims again. Two three hours max, a pint and a large whisky in the pub, then home for a nice hot dinner. A mate of mine gone to Spain, poor sod, does not know what he's missing.

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
Now there lies my problem i can not sit around when i could / should be out and about it is the easiest way to get me well ragged off sitting round the house cant stand it .

PG ...
Sit around the house? I ain't allowed to sit around far to many things to do, build a shedage, replace all the windows, fascias, soffits and gutters, refit two bathrooms and a a downstairs loo, convert a porch to a utility room, investigate an original fireplace and make it her dream wood burner hole, convert the dining room to a kitchen diner, convert the kitchen to a sun room with a new conservatory added, decorate from top to bottom, plus anything else she thinks of in the meantime.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Sit around the house? I ain't allowed to sit around far to many things to do, build a shedage, replace all the windows, fascias, soffits and gutters, refit two bathrooms and a a downstairs loo, convert a porch to a utility room, investigate an original fireplace and make it her dream wood burner hole, convert the dining room to a kitchen diner, convert the kitchen to a sun room with a new conservatory added, decorate from top to bottom, plus anything else she thinks of in the meantime.

Quite a busy morning... Take the afternoon off.