Cold!

sagalout

Reaction score
Blimey it's cold here, according to the met office it as -8 during the night. The frost on the fields and trees behind the house is so thick and white it looks like snow. Not used to this, I don't think we had 10 frost in the 10 years we lived in Torquay and when we did it wasn't severe like this.

PS Glad she's away or she'd want the heating on instead of wearing 5 jumpers.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Here on the edge of Salisbury Plain it has warmed up to a balmy -4ºC . . . . . . outside looks like a scene from a flipping Christmas card.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
That's what I like to see - a man who watches the pennies!

Mind you, I don't think I own FIVE jumpers..................

Just looked outside and the builders have arrived. They are singing (in true Billy Connelly fashion) as they erect scaffold, so must be warm and happy!!

Doing some real quality work.....and I'm thankful for that...

flightliner

Reaction score
Blimey it's cold here, according to the met office it as -8 during the night. The frost on the fields and trees behind the house is so thick and white it looks like snow. Not used to this, I don't think we had 10 frost in the 10 years we lived in Torquay and when we did it wasn't severe like this.

PS Glad she's away or she'd want the heating on instead of wearing 5 jumpers.
Next time she wants to put the heating on just tell her to stand in the middle of the room and do twenty star jumps:D.

sagalout

Reaction score
That's what I like to see - a man who watches the pennies!

Mind you, I don't think I own FIVE jumpers..................

Just looked outside and the builders have arrived. They are singing (in true Billy Connelly fashion) as they erect scaffold, so must be warm and happy!!

Doing some real quality work.....and I'm thankful for that...
I was planning to work outside today but s0d that!

Next time she wants to put the heating on just tell her to stand in the middle of the room and do twenty star jumps:D.
Some mental images cannot be erased and now I feel quit ill!

ken more

Reaction score
Looked out the window yesterday at 5.30am to see if had to clear the car, but it looked fine. When i went out, one half (the half i couldn't see) was frozen and the other clear as a bell. Me being me, went and got a tape measure and to a few mm's, it was straight down the middle if you know what i mean. Don't think i have seen or, more likely noticed, this before :)

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Sags.
Thats what happens when you move from the seaside to the country.
Just admire the beauty of the frost on the trees as the sun catches them.
Youll soon be a local bumpkin. Just takes 4 pts cider a day and an attractive relative.

sagalout

Reaction score
Sags.
Thats what happens when you move from the seaside to the country.
Just admire the beauty of the frost on the trees as the sun catches them.
Youll soon be a local bumpkin. Just takes 4 pts cider a day and an attractive relative.
It was certainly a brilliant view as far as the fog bank. I don't have any attractive relatives.

B

binka

The previous days frosts aren't clearing from the shaded areas around here (nearly said shady but it's all shady lol) and I'm starting to wonder what to do for a days fishing at the weekend.

I've got plenty of stale farmhouse loaves stored if I want to go with bread but I reckon worm might be the thing to tempt 'em during this very cold snap.

Not wetted a perch bobber for a while so it's looking favourite for the time being.

iain t

Reaction score
Only -1 last night with +4 at the moment. I don't feel the cold until it hits -10 but i just can't cope in the Summer months. Am still in T-shirts and not wearing socks yet. The frost did look nice over the fields walking the dog at 6am

mikench

Reaction score
+5 here but will get colder. Bread tomorrow on the float and maggots on the feeder. I have bought some tiny Kamasan black cap 10g feeders so I do not overfeed. I am just glad to be able to get out! The back is fine but my tooth abscess of the last week will end on Friday with a wisdom tooth extraction! To say I have been in pain since last weekend is an understatement but the antibiotics have now kicked in!

A 2oz roach will be welcome ;)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My front garden faces North East and only a small part of it was actually frost free today.

It is now back to 0º C . . . . . so it is not boding too well for tomorrow either

robtherake

Reaction score
On a positive note, the demi-johns of home made wine standing out in the cold are clearing nice and quickly.:w

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Cold,cold - what do you mean cold, I had to leave the fridge door open to warm up the kitchen !

sagalout

Reaction score
What do you mean "soon" ? When did people from Torquay stop being bumpkins ?:confused:
And I had 15 years on Salisbury plain before that. Nobody ever got found guilty of a crime in our village because they all had the same DNA. It was the only incomers like me that could wear flip flops, all the inbreds I mean locals had webbed feet.

sagalout

Reaction score
The Hillbilly capital of the South West. Like High Wycombe only with mackerel.

Sorry.......there's places down there with a much stronger claim
North devon and parts of north somerset have a bl00dy good chance of the title, but I think, the Forest of Dean has the most banjo players.