walton on thames

Mr Raffles

Reaction score
maybe a silly question, but i wanna try for some river carp or barbel on the thames, my mate wants to try to catch his first pike.

whats the chance of him picking up a pike or two in the margins at walton.

cheers lads

mike

C

Colin North, the one and only

I haven't fished at Walton for a number of years now, but I can't think of any reason why your mate should not catch a pike. The Thames has plenty of them, as well as some mighty big perch and, I heard recently, at least one catfish.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
This may not be that relavant. I used to fish the thames a lot in the sixties and I remember seeing big carp in the stretch at Twickenham. The used to collect on a slipway just down from the main town 500 yardsdownstream from the open air swimming baths. Whether the swimming baths are still there I do not know. More to the point I do not know if the carp still collect there but, might be worth checking out. A couple of years ago I visited my sister at Richmond wherea angler had a 5-6 lb barble along this stretch. Old news I know but thought you may be interested.

keith clark

Reaction score
Hi,best bet for pike in that area is as close to bridge as possible or so im told! Good luck

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
try dumseys meadow at chertsey bridge,first peg over the style,with the overhanging bush.I was catching quality roach there a few weeks ago,and all the best ones were snaffled by a very big pike in the margin.

Mr Raffles

Reaction score
Cheers lads.

Been put on to a section on Ducket Eddy Lane, oppo some big pub ( could have picked a worse place LOL).

Seems there are barbel in there and ,loads of pike so gonna give it a go next weekend,

Will let you know how we get on.

Thanx for your help.

Mike