finding tackle

Greg Matthews

Reaction score
just wondering if anybody else finds tackle accessories in bags in your tackle room that you had forgotten you bought.today I found some sea fishing gear/predator/and coarse gear I had purchased during the summer months while they where on sale.it was a great surprise to find it.but I was wondering if I was losing it.the fact I had forgotten.maybe its just me.

john step

Reaction score
Very often. When I need to replenish a small item I usually buy two, to save a journey. It gets put in my spares box and often forgotten.

Its like Christmas every time I have a sort through it.

Philip

Reaction score
No joke..i found 2 rods i forgot i had purchased just recently. I really need a clear out !

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I was rummaging around the garage recently and found a Daiwa "Air" pole.
I must have bought it on a whim some day last year....

Keith M

Reaction score
I bought a Shimano Stradic a few months ago and after I had loaded some 5lb line on it on the day it arrived I put it away and then completely forgot all about it.

It was only when I had a clear up of my fishing gear the other day that I found it again. I've put it on one of my Tench rods in a rod sleeve ready for the spring.

Keith

mikench

Reaction score
Mesmerised by the different types of rod and deluded by the marketing hype attached, I bought a carp rod and a spinning rod neither of which have even been to to the waters edge let alone used! One day!;)

maurice walsh

Reaction score
regularly happens in this house!!! i blame swmbo for not reminding me that i got stuff on the bay/amazon/1pound tackle etc n she just deposits it in " the fishing shed" when it lands :D it surely cant be my fault after that?:eek:mg::rolleyes::D

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I have just been having a sort out and found two reels I had forgotten about plus loads of other stuff. We are hoarders, some of it was homemade stuff, floats , lures etc.

rayner

Reaction score
I have re associated myself with most things in my tackle room whilst looking for an old seventies pole rest. I have found the metal spike but I'm darned as to where the plastic top is.
I have no intention of using it because it was tripe, just need to find it.