Real Time Extra

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Owing to a recent operation and compulsory bed rest for a week, I have been catching up on a lot of fishing on the box. If you can't get out there, watching someone else do it is the next best thing I suppose.

I must say that of all the presenters, good old snaggle tooth Hayes has to be the most naturally confident and down to earth. With his sidekick Mick Brown, their style of presenting is so good to watch whilst their technical crew capture the atmosphere of each venue perfectly in every program.

New to me is a presenter whose Irish lilt and enthusiasm is a joy to watch, Darryl Grimason. He grins with every fish and is always so surprised at his catch. I definitely want to follow in his footsteps, from coast to coast, if only in part one day.

Paul Young seems to find the most uptight guides in america whenever he visits the USA. They just don't seem to know what to make of the little Scots' questions. Paul vainly tries to get them chatting in a relaxed way but as often or not he looks into the camera with a bemused look of 'help, get me out of here'.

JW, wot a clonker, hahaha, Mr Joviality with his wealth of knowledge and relaxed style is always a joy to watch, even after all these years.

Having never tried sea fishing I must admit that watching Henry Gilbey enthuse about yomping over treacherous rocks and fishing inshore from boats does actually make me want to go and give it a try. Unfortunately Swindon is too far from the sea to make it a regular pastime. I do find his prep school accent a bit much at times though.Cyril Chauquet is one of those guys who make you think "what the hell am I doing working my ar*e off every day". The places this bloke gets to go fishing is amazing.

But the one presenter who just looks so out of place in all these programs is Chris Sandford. Even the bloody musical intro for the show grates at my central nervous system. I just don't get this guy. He always appears to be out of his depth, a fish out of water, a complete fool. Pay me to do his job, please! I can do that job.

Oh well, back to the telly. Two more weeks of "taking it easy" and back to work. Might try to get a day or two out on the bank beforehand if the wife lets me. There goes another flying pig /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
I was back the next day - see this
<blockquote class=quoteheader>PoshPaul (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I say chaps - don't know what the fuss is about.

Chap who did the scissors job on me was a real joker - told some crackers as I lay on the slab and then looked at me and smiling said; "I love a moving target!"

Bit painful at the moment of incision but absolutely no problems after or since. (Apart from the 23 kids that is /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

Good to see a select few invitees in popping in - Good sort of fellows. </blockquote>

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Lads this was a private operation to have the plums RE-pipped. The original nip and tuck was done with a local 15 years ago.

The sutures this time are 25 times thinner than a human hair and were put in by the best surgeon the wife could buy with the aid of a £35k microscope. The four weeks are doctors orders after which we have to do the dirty every other day /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

R

Robert Woods

Therefore you need all the rest you can take.../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.