Line not sittin well

nova12

Reaction score
I bought 2 shimano rb 6000 bait runners im loading them with 12lb daiwa sensor and to me it is sitting terrrible all my 4000 reels for feeder and 3000 for float sit bang on but with these im.struggling? Is the line to thick i soak the line before applying with the picture facing up with a glass on the spool too hod it undee water never failed me before so why now?
Will a 10lb line sit better? This is the 2nd time this has happend i even cast and retrived at range today to bed it in but ended up getting a birds nest ? It is on the right way also hence picture side up

B

binka

Did the reel come with small, extra washers which fit beneath the spool?

These are sometimes included to refine the oscillation and fine tune the line lay, personally I don't agree with it considering we're supposedly buying precision instruments but that's the way it is, it would seem.

thecrow

Reaction score
Sounds to me as if your spools are not sitting right on the reel or there is a fault with both of them which is unlikely, have you checked the spool is in the position it should be? its easy to not have them right down on the shaft.

nova12

Reaction score
1 reel sits bette thanthe other there are no washers on any of them and no washers came with them just not sitting as nice as id like
As for not sitting on the shaft its button releasse and clicks when i put it back on wont go no further

B

binka

1 reel sits bette thanthe other there are no washers on any of them and no washers came with them just not sitting as nice as id like
As for not sitting on the shaft its button releasse and clicks when i put it back on wont go no further

I'm going with naff reel then.

I bought a Shimano ST BR reel and had no problems with line lay or anything else for that matter but the spool collapsed upon loading.

Might be worth taking it/them back to where you bought it from and explaining the problem, if you argue it's not fit for purpose on the basis of the problems you're experiencing I would say you're likely to get a solution or a refund depending on how hard you dig in :)

Philip

Reaction score
I bought 2 shimano rb 6000 bait runners im loading them with 12lb daiwa sensor and to me it is sitting terrrible all my 4000 reels for feeder and 3000 for float sit bang on but with these im.struggling? Is the line to thick i soak the line before applying with the picture facing up with a glass on the spool too hod it undee water never failed me before so why now?
Will a 10lb line sit better? This is the 2nd time this has happend i even cast and retrived at range today to bed it in but ended up getting a birds nest ? It is on the right way also hence picture side up

Guessing, but it sounds like you might be loading it with twist. Not sure i follow what you mean by picture facing up & glass on spool etc.

Try loading it off a rotating spool ...what i mean by that is put the spool in a bucket of water so the spool sits horizontally and rotates as you wind it on. If your loading off one end of the spool sitting vertically it can load with twist.

nova12

Reaction score
Problem seemed to be over spooling and the line jumping off the end of the spool even though i usually fill to the lip these spools dont like it and need about 2mm free thanks guys