Fishing Chair

mark_t

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a chair for fishing on commercials as you can't get a bank stick into the gravel swims so it needs to have rod rests built in.
I have looked on ebay and have found this
TF Gear NEW Bank Boss EZ Fishing Chair Ex Demo
It looks good, has anyone used this one or can recommend another?

B

binka

I was just about to say that it looked like a lot of chair and kit for the money but then read that you have to buy the accessories separately.

It's worth considering that you can buy a chair and add universally fitting accessories, especially if comfort is an issue as it will give you greater choice.

If I were you I'd try and visit one of the larger tackle shops so that you can try a few and feel the difference in comfort, what might be a comfortable chair for one person could well be a back breaker for another.

chrissh

Reaction score
I use a Korum chair which will take a feeder arm plus many more accessories

rsz_1rsz_photo0037.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:

mark_t

Reaction score
I was just about to say that it looked like a lot of chair and kit for the money but then read that you have to buy the accessories separately.

I think the basic chair comes with the side tray the EZ kit comes with the rod rests and the side tray.

greenie62

Reaction score
I was just about to say that it looked like a lot of chair and kit for the money but then read that you have to buy the accessories separately...

As Binka says - the EBay offer only seems to be for the basic chair - Go Outdoors have the chair + full kit for about £70 with the 10% discount code.
TFGear Bank Boss EZ Chair Kit | GO Outdoors

Tip: If you want owt from GO - check that they have the item in stock at your local store via their website - sometimes you can order it from another branch and have it delivered to your local one as part of their 'click & collect' service.

This TFG chair seems to be the same as my 30Plus 'fully-loaded' I got via the GO route a couple of years ago - strong but light.

mikench

Reaction score
I too have the 30 Plus full monty chair which I am very happy with. It was a christmas present last year and was about £100 fully loaded from A*****.

All the bits still work, it is light and I find it comfortable and easy to put up and take down. Another pressie was an enormous bag to put it in from NGT which is great and which i can suspend from the garage ceiling when not in use!

seth49

Reaction score
I noticed the other day when I was looking at the new products part of korums website, they have brought a kit out to convert the korum chair to a barrow, now that's handy I thought, but it only fits the new chairs with the round legs.

I have two of the older chairs with the square legs, the original and the lightweight one they first brought out. They are good chairs though I've had mine since they first came out, no problems at all.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Korum chairs, both the original one and the lightweight one and they are both excellent.

The best advice I could offer you is not to get the rod rests that fix to the chair as even the slightest movement you make will be transmitted to the rod.

Far better to set up a separate rest system or pod.

chrissh

Reaction score
I noticed the other day when I was looking at the new products part of korums website, they have brought a kit out to convert the korum chair to a barrow, now that's handy I thought, but it only fits the new chairs with the round legs.

I have two of the older chairs with the square legs, the original and the lightweight one they first brought out. They are good chairs though I've had mine since they first came out, no problems at all.

I have the Korum twin wheeled trolley only use it if it’s a long walk to the fishing peg. It fully comes apart and lays flat top of the spare wheel in the car so when needed it is all way there.very light nice big wheels which give a good height for rough ground

robtherake

Reaction score

There's a handle and wheel kit that fits the older square section Korum chairs, although I'd guess they're a bit thin on the ground. Might be worth keeping an eye on Ebay for one. I posted a pic on here a while ago, much to Binka's amusement.

seth49

Reaction score
I was after one of those wheel kits, they don't do them anymore, the new type has a single wheel that goes at the back of the chair.
And two handles that fit the front legs of the new chairs.would have been handy for some places I fish.
Have to stick to my barrow, probably wouldn't have got the amount of kit I take nowadays on the chair.

robtherake

Reaction score
Thank God I do not have a Korum chair!;);)

It did me for many years, Mike. In fact, as I found when my new trolley tyre was punctured and the wheel kit re-entered service, the two narrow wheels are far better on soft ground than the single wheelbarrow type.

mikench

Reaction score
Rob I made my remark because if I had a Korum chair I would have wanted one of those Trolleys! I thought he is at it again giving me ideas about things I do not have, did not know existed and which I now must have;)

I like all Korum kit!

robtherake

Reaction score
Rob I made my remark because if I had a Korum chair I would have wanted one of those Trolleys! I thought he is at it again giving me ideas about things I do not have, did not know existed and which I now must have;)

I like all Korum kit!

So do I, Mike; their products are usually both practical and reliable. As for the wheel kit; to mis-quote from The Battle of the Bulge: it's a beautiful trolley.:D

mikench

Reaction score
Indeed it does: almost as neat as Binka's ideal home setting!:) I could live there if the wheels come off;)

mark_t

Reaction score
I decided to go for the TF Gear chair it arrived today looks good it did come with the rod rest kit all in for £59.99 so quite a good deal, I will report back when I have tried it out.