Christmas fishing plans?

B

binka

Anyone got any?

I'll be out river fishing on Boxing Day with a mate which is an annual fixture pretty much carved in stone, given that I'm also fishing Christmas Day it's likely that I will be targeting the same over the two days to avoid having to turn the gear around overnight.

Anyone got any firm plans or will you be playing it by ear, is there anything you really fancy having a go for?

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
As much as posible

As often as possible althou i will be on callout in case any little darlings manage to lock themselfs out or break a key off in the lock ,

PG ...

Chefster

Reaction score
OK,so xmas eve,fishing an open at TBF,xmas day -working,6-4,then to inlaws for the afternoon/evening,boxing day at home with missus,and next day big pairs match at TBF again(with my partner in crime-BadH),have a good un everyone..Gazza:D:D

terry m

Reaction score
Playing it by ear, but will be heavily swayed by the weather. In particular will be encouraged if we get some flow back into the rivers.

Nonetheless will be fishing several times over the coming weeks.

seth49

Reaction score
Hope to have a day or two after Christmas,fancy a go for some grayling trotting on the river.thats if can leave the roach alone on the pond I've been fishing, really like to get a two pounder this winter.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I've fished three times this week and will go again on Friday as this mild weather is coming to an end this weekend, from what I've heard...
Next week probably 2/3 times then a break until around the 27th or so, after which will depend on entertaining/visitations etc.
My wife is happy for me to go in the mornings as she can lie-in and I'm usually back come 1pm...

Must remember to buy some maggots for the period........................

Hope you all have a great holiday!

robtherake

Reaction score
Currently bu99ered with a frozen left shoulder. Had a steroid jab on Monday but it hasn't responded like the other side did - still good 2 years later. I may have to pick somewhere with a car park swim until it recovers, otherwise I'll go batty.:D

B

binka

Currently bu99ered with a frozen left shoulder. Had a steroid jab on Monday but it hasn't responded like the other side did - still good 2 years later. I may have to pick somewhere with a car park swim until it recovers, otherwise I'll go batty.:D

I think we make up the Ratchet Brothers at the moment Rob, I knackered my back again today... All I did was bend down to stroke the cat outside and it went!

Had to put off tomorrow's session (it's that serious!) but if I feel any better by midday I'm off for an after dark zander session :)

Hope the shoulder thaws out soon....

Chefster

Reaction score
I think we make up the Ratchet Brothers at the moment Rob, I knackered my back again today... All I did was bend down to stroke the cat outside and it went!

Had to put off tomorrow's session (it's that serious!) but if I feel any better by midday I'm off for an after dark zander session :)

Your all starting to show your age now;)

john step

Reaction score
.. All I did was bend down to stroke the cat outside and it went!

) but if I feel any better by midday I'm off for an after dark zander session :)

Oh come on! You let your secret bait out of the bag. You weren't going to stroke it, you were going to swift it away as zander bait.:wh

B

binka

Oh come on! You let your secret bait out of the bag. You weren't going to stroke it, you were going to swift it away as zander bait.:wh

Ok... I'm rumbled!

I was shaving the cat so the hooks would go in easier :D

robtherake

Reaction score

Thanks, Steve. Good luck with the back thing. I remember a work-related accident when I tore some back muscles trying to stop a loaded trolley from falling over (I'd be quids in nowadays). It was agony straight away, but the next day I couldn't get out of bed to answer the door when the quack came out. Ended up throwing a shoe at the window to get his attention, then eeling out of bed, down the stairs and through the hall, where I was unable to reach up to unlock the door. I got a diagnosis shouted through the letter box, followed ten minutes later by a prescription and wishes of good luck.:D

slaphead

Reaction score
Unfortunately my fishing plans for over the Christmas period have been scuppered by the fact I will be eating and drinking too much. :w

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Unfortunately my fishing plans for over the Christmas period have been scuppered by the fact I will be eating and drinking too much. :w

Cant have that as an excuse now the idea is eat too much go fishing to wear it off then come home drink too much go to bed sleep it off then cycle repeat .

PG ...

shane99

Reaction score
My Wife is working between Christmas & new year, shame that, so ...

A friend has talked me into going spinning for Pike on a local gravel pit as he wants to try out his new gear, I usually only spin for Perch so only have very light spinning gear so may be fun.

But will continue my quest to get a 2lb Perch from my local membership water, so far 1lb, 1lb 2oz, 1lb 4oz, 1lb 9oz, 1lb 11oz, 1lb 13oz, all on Lobs or Prawn by the way.

Enjoy the break everyone :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have only ever once fished on Christmas Day and that was years ago in Norway when I was on my own and had been invited for a day ice fishing with friends.

We caught Pike and Perch through a hole in the ice sat inside a little portable hut-like construction which was amazingly quite warm, but I think the amount of brandy and JD that was consumed also helped a lit.

While it was good fun it is not something that I wold want to repeat as Christmas for me at least, is a time for family and friends and over-indulgence . . . . . there are 360 other days to go and wet a line . . . .