Water wolf footage of pike taking live bait

flightliner

Reaction score
Interesting clip, just shows how the old "count to ten" practice before striking is arguably not needed before setting the hooks.
speaking of, were you using circle hooks there?,

the dace

Reaction score
Nice video bud. Good quality.

It's interesting to see the behaviour of the bait fish and the pike itself not to mention the greedy old perch having a go.

Maybe show the rigs on the next video...always good to see how others fish and there is always something that can be learned.

I have subscribed so looking forward to the next installment :)

seeley

Reaction score
Nice video bud. Good quality.

It's interesting to see the behaviour of the bait fish and the pike itself not to mention the greedy old perch having a go.

Maybe show the rigs on the next video...always good to see how others fish and there is always something that can be learned.

I have subscribed so looking forward to the next installment :)
Thank you very much mate I appreciate it , I'm looking into way to mount an underwater camera with out it being attached to the line , so I can show a real shot of the approach and everything I'm out filming now on the trent but nothing so far :/ ps the perch was my favorite part , what a tank

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

the dace

Reaction score
Thank you very much mate I appreciate it , I'm looking into way to mount an underwater camera with out it being attached to the line , so I can show a real shot of the approach and everything I'm out filming now on the trent but nothing so far :/ ps the perch was my favorite part , what a tank

Wish i was out fishing now....let us know how you get on :)

seeley

Reaction score
Wish i was out fishing now....let us know how you get on :)
Just one fish of about 10 lb , just watched footage back, the bait slipped between two large rocks and the pike was vertical trying to get it out lol quite funny to watch , she tried for about 10 mins then I re casted and she found it quite quick , was starting to get dark and with the water flowing fast it's a bit wobbly so not sure if I'll put in next video, I'm back there tomorrow tho, and I've had them up to 20 in this spot so with a bit of luck I'll get a big fish with good waterwolf footage :)

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Interesting clip, just shows how the old "count to ten" practice before striking is arguably not needed before setting the hooks.
speaking of, were you using circle hooks there?,
Oooo noooo I never wait to hit a pike , with deads when it's sub zero I'll often hold the rod and judge from what I feel to know when to strike , but if the float/rod/bait runner is moving then a fish has it in its mouth and waiting is a bad idea .
For live baits I just use a large single hook , I hook them in the lip , because I couldn't impale one , so a fast reaction is very important , that's why I only fish one rod with live baits , it isn't a circle hook but in my next video as dace suggested I'm going to show my tlrug, it's just a wire trace crimped to my large hook one end and swivel at the other , then I have like mini traces that have a circle hook or trebble (trebbles for trawling) at one end and just a loop at the other , if I think I need the circle hook on aswell I pass the loop end through the eye of the main single hook and then thread the circle hook back through the loop at the other end to extend the trace , it's works well , but I often use just a single hook on a 6" Mackrell and do just fine

robtherake

Reaction score
I quite enjoyed watching that - amazing how quick off the mark the pike were.:eek: The Water Wolf seems just the thing for sorting out how a rig lies and what adjustments might be needed to improve it.

seeley

Reaction score
I quite enjoyed watching that - amazing how quick off the mark the pike were.:eek: The Water Wolf seems just the thing for sorting out how a rig lies and what adjustments might be needed to improve it.
Yeah defiantly, when the baits were close its because the trace can trapped behind the camera , massive design floor if you ask me , usually I have a more space vet ween the camera and trace ao I put a weight on and use like a 5 inch trace so they can't go out of veiw, but it was so shallow I had to link the trace straight to the camera and thanks:) if you enjoyed it bud subscribe ! I'm going to keep making them , and am going to shorten them and cut some **** out also , just like un hooking and that sort of stuff .