Dear Santa, for 2017 I would like...

B

binka

A 5lb perch.

A 4lb'er would be acceptable but this is a 'wish list'.

Continue as required...

john step

Reaction score
Family dilemmas to end and get my (fishing) life back please.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
The glib answer would be; better health, so I will settle for a country that appreciates what they have and not what they think they should have !!

Born at the end of the last war, this country was on it's knee's, rationing was in place, most people did not have Telly's and if you did it was one black and white channel.

Food was scare's, cloths were rough, but you could leave your front door open without fear of having anything taken (not that you had much to take).

What the heck has happened to us, has the world gone mad ?

Oh and I would like a 5lb Perch from the Lea.

Bob:wh

john step

Reaction score
The glib answer would be; better health, so I will settle for a country that appreciates what they have and not what they think they should have !!

Born at the end of the last war, this country was on it's knee's, rationing was in place, most people did not have Telly's and if you did it was one black and white channel.

Food was scare's, cloths were rough, but you could leave your front door open without fear of having anything taken (not that you had much to take).

What the heck has happened to us, has the world gone mad ?

Oh and I would like a 5lb Perch from the Lea.

Bob:wh

Yes the other opinion that keeps rearing its ugly head is that you older lot had free university education. No we left school at 15 and the only thing we knew about university were two bunches of toffs, one in light blue and one in dark blue having a race rowing on the Thames every year.

mikench

Reaction score
A barbel, a grayling and a dace in fact anything from a river ! I will probably drown;)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
For 2017 I'd like to retire ( likely) get a dog( possible) and do a helluva lot more fishing than I currently have time for. Never been one for targets but a big crucian would be nice and I'm getting an odd urge to see if I can track down a big dace.

Both my kids are working so that's good but both are still at home which isn't . Time the eldest one left I think.

I'd like the world to calm down a bit too but I see no prospect of that happening at all.

thecrow

Reaction score
Hoping to get this shaky right hand sorted out and then I can hook a bait first time instead of the end of my finger looking like a watering can rose :D to catch a barbel on the pin will be nice and just to be breathing this time next year :eek:

mikench

Reaction score
I would like to take you up on that Steve;) I think Santa will be bringing me the gear needed for trotting!;) have a lot to learn:)

B

binka

May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.....................

I scrapped mine yesterday...

On reflection, I thought that losing another pound in weight was just too ambitious! :D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would like to take you up on that Steve;) I think Santa will be bringing me the gear needed for trotting!;) have a lot to learn:)

I might try and hitch hike a lift off ya :D.

rubio

Reaction score
I am ever hopeful of my first 2lb roach, and if not too greedy a desire another new species please. Not sure which I would prefer, tho Blue Marlin would be just fine.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

I am ever hopeful of my first 2lb roach, and if not too greedy a desire another new species please. Not sure which I would prefer, tho Blue Marlin would be just fine.