drennan floatfish

graham65

Reaction score
anyone tried the newer drennan floatfish, and how are you getting on with it....

Philip

Reaction score
I'll second that question ! :)

hacked off they changed it ! Why Drennan WHY ?!?!?

....Whats everyone using for their trotting line now ?

jimlad

Reaction score
How does the new floatfish compare to the old floatfish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robcourt82

Reaction score
I would hazard a guess that it is very,very,very similar to the old stuff... once you take it off the spool that is. ;)

trotter2

Reaction score
No idea about the new stuff. But it was common knowledge the old stuff was Bayer perlon relabel.

jimlad

Reaction score
I've not looked in detail, but was told in the tackle shop that the line diameter was improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theartist

Reaction score
I've got a spool of 3.2 to go on my new reel so I hope it's the same as I'm guessing the old floatfish will be really hard to find now.

I will road test it soon

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh no it isn't . . . . . .

Oh yes it is . . . . .

Oh no it isn't . . . .

Peter, as the old saying goes...."the proof of the pudding is in the eating".....

....it catches me plenty fish :D.

edsurf

Reaction score
anyone tried the newer drennan floatfish, and how are you getting on with it....

I used the 4.4 last week and had a decent chub on it, to be honest I did not notice anything that different from the old stuff. I use it as it has never let me down.

iain t

Reaction score
Been using the old float fish for years. This session i have been buying the new revamped line and have noticed no difference at all just the price has increased a little.

mikench

Reaction score
I have not tried floatfish but have a variety of other Drennen lines and I must say I am a little indifferent. Used a new Shimano DL bait runner today with maxima on one spool. The line lay is brilliant and it cast like a dream!

dicky123

Reaction score
I really hate that, changing things.

The old Maxima line was oneI used for years, until they changed it to that red tinged stuff. The original was a great green colour, enough stretch not too thick, and as strong as anything available. I'm pleased I can still get Bayer, and more recently Daiwa Sensor. Bayer Perlon is also a great float fishing line.

trotter2

Reaction score
I really hate that, changing things.

The old Maxima line was oneI used for years, until they changed it to that red tinged stuff. The original was a great green colour, enough stretch not too thick, and as strong as anything available. I'm pleased I can still get Bayer, and more recently Daiwa Sensor. Bayer Perlon is also a great float fishing line.

The maxima line your talking about you can still get it . It's called maxima ultra green .

Philip

Reaction score
Been using the old float fish for years. This session i have been buying the new revamped line and have noticed no difference at all just the price has increased a little.

I hope your right Ian but wasnt the old stuff clear? ...the marketing blurb says the new stuff is olive green..

As an aside..why make a floating line olive green?!?..the fish will see it from below against the sky...why Drennan why????!!!???:eek:mg:

graham65

Reaction score
i was asking to see if anyone else had any trouble with it. i bought a spool a month ago, and my first outing with it i encounter bad line twist (i never suffer from) perhaps i loaded it wrong, i binned it, but gave it the benefit of the doubt and bought another spool. first outing all seemed to be going well , until i started to play a few decent chub, and after each battle the line progressively got more twisty and towards the end of the day it almost became totally unusable... i've now switched back to 3lb maximer with no problems whats so ever.

theartist

Reaction score
Thought i'd bump this thread as I have been using the new 3.2lb floatfish for the last month non stop. Found it to work really good on the surface and yesterday was in a swim with a far bank slack, boily crease and a nasty downstream wind. Having to mend the line constantly even with a light float wasn't a problem and it worked a dream.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I've used the old and also been using the new Drennan float fish and never experienced any problems with it what so ever, it's always stood the test of time and has never failed on me,

At the present though I've been loading and using Drennans Supplex 50 mtr spools in eaither 3 or 3.8 lb strain onto me Abu 501's and have to say that it's another good line of Drennans :thumbs: