Weather

New Kid

Reaction score
Which is the most accurate weather site.I always check a couple of days before to see what the weather holds in store.One will say it will be dry and another will predict rain.Ive been caught out too many times so I just wait to see what it is like on the day.

S

Sean Meeghan

Either the BBC or here

I know its a surfing site but if you go to the 'pressure' chart it shows pressure and rainfall for the next 7 days.

poacher 101

Reaction score
i find that the bbc is good but, i do check every 4 hours cause as you know it a changes. from one report to another.
it doesn t put me off / weather its freezing or not as long as i am out . if you catch/ then its abonus.
but more often than no it will be rubbers/ chubb it always depends on the days you can go / aday off work .
go anyway you mite get the right peg on the day and pick up a good fish.its worth a try

keora

Reaction score
The best and most detailed one is the metoffice site

www.metoffice.gov.uk

You can get clear accurate local forecasts for mostcities in the UK, plus actual weather readings for the met bases nearest to each city.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Many web sites carry the weather as well as teletex and ceefax. But one of the most accurate has to be the weekly forecast on countryfile on a sunday!

The trouble is, as we all know, british weather is so changeable. And the forecast can be accurate one mile from where you are, but so far out for where you actually are.

Quiver man

Reaction score
Anyone but sky, i'm not sure francis wilson knows what day it is let alone what the weathers doing, after the last day sat in the pishing rain that should have been a stunner (or at least dry) I've gone back to the beeb.

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
I average out BBC, Metcheck, and MetOffice, or take the one that's suits my opinion/plans!.

B

Bill Cox

countryfile week ahead forcast is always pretty accurate for a 5 dayer. but i always check the beeb as well day to day

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Personally I find the barometer as good a guide as any for local weather. Of late I have been comparing Met Check with Met Office, so far the former has proved more reliable in my opinion.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I look at all of them and pick the most favourable. You get out more that way. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<<<------------- There's a weather link on the left of this page (just scroll up)

The bad one

Reaction score
This one for long-range forecasting

long-range

and Metcheck for 1-4 days.

Metcheck I've found to be about 95% accurate, the BBC less so, and as for BBC local, I think Dianne just looks out of the window before her bulletin and uses that forthe next 24 hour forecast

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Metcheck for me, closely followed by Metoffice. BBC Local? They're having a laugh, aren't they?

Although I look at the forecasts, if I've planned a day's fishing, I go anyway, despite any adverse weather predictions. Having limited time available, I really have no choice other than to make the most of what the day brings and try to adapt my technique accordingly.

I've been out when it was predicted to be blowing a hoolie with wind and rain, only to find it was flat calm, overcast and perfect. I've also been out on days that were predicted to be fine and dry, only to find myself cowering under a brollie facing howling gales and rain.

You never can tell what the day's going to bring, but I don't rely on weather forecasts to plan my fishing trips.