Greetings

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Happy New Year to one and all.

And just as significant, has anyone made a New Year resolution? I have to confess I don't, as I never keep them anyway. I must be of low moral fibre lol.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy New Year to you and yours too Derek

Let's hope that 2017 will be a kinder and more compassionate year, as we are definitely due that after 2016.

As for new year resolutions I tend now to follow the example of my first wife; she never made them based on the fact that she was already bloody perfect.

;)

Last edited:

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
And you Derek.

I have made a resolution, to get out fishing more this year if possible, no more excuses, it's wet, it's cold, I can't walk far, I have fisheries where I can almost fish from my car, so no softie reactions.

Fishing has been the constant in my life and I'll be dammed if this aging body is going to stop me.

So; a decent Zander from the Lea, a double figure Barbel from the Upper Lea and a few nights Carp fishing in the summer, something I really missed last year.

If you have never night fished, I cannot explain the joy of waking up surrounded by mist and tucked up in a warm sleeping bag, that first cup of tea and the expectation of a run.

Watching the rod tip nod round before the alarm even sounds, I love that !!

Bob

mikench

Reaction score
Happy new year to one and all! No resolutions from me save that I intend to do more fishing. I have broken it already in that I was going fishing today until my sister rang to wish us a happy new year and declared that she wanted to visit us and asked if it was convenient.! The new me wanted to say" no IT wasn't I am off fishing " but the season of goodwill got the better of me:(

The weather is horrible though so doubt I would be missing much. A demain!;)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Happy new year to all and no, I have never even contemplated making any resolutions...........

seth49

Reaction score
Happy new year to everyone .
And no I don't bother with new year resolutions either, I stopped smoking over five years ago, and I hardly drink nowadays, so I'm not giving anything else up.
Life's too short :)

john step

Reaction score
Mine resolution is I am definitely going to win either a large Premium Bond or the Lottery in 2017. :D

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Happy New Year fellow maggot drowners!

I usually make a few resolutions, angling wise, but as I never seem to pursue them, I'm not going to be too prescriptive this year.

Last spring I lost control of the lake that I have run for 23 years, but, every threat is an opportunity. Have rejoined a couple of old clubs and managed my biggest Carp and Barbel, re-discovered the joy of fly fishing and generally had a whale of a time by the water. So, this year, good weather, good times, good company and just maybe, a perfect cup of tea.

Stu

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Happy New year to all FM'ers .

No resolution as such but i do intend to try and spend more time on the river and less on the pool or canals .

Targets would like some decent Chub Roach Rudd Bream & Perch not bothered about Carp Pike or Zander .

PG ...

stripey

Reaction score
Happy New Year to one and all, Lets hope for a warm spring,good summer and plenty of bulging nets!