Finally fished

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
What with family gatherings, cold weather freezing the lakes I've not fished over the Christmas break until today

Got out for a couple of hours , broke the ice and caught some nice roach

What's your Christmas fishing been like

john step

Reaction score
Non existent. I got on with a delayed DIY job whilst there would be no distractions and call upon my time! Humbug:D

rayner

Reaction score
Fishing next week with a bit of luck.
On the plus side I've had a very profitable holiday with good betting results.
Getting the urge to tie hooks and one or two other things angling related that have been on the back burner.

mikench

Reaction score
I managed just before Christmas and twice last week and caught dozens of roach mostly small. I will be using bread this week plus maggot. I might even try some paste with particles in!;) Tried to obtain some Bogey to give it a try but nobody seems to stock it!

rubio

Reaction score
Limited opportunities and limited success over holiday period. But I haven't blanked in 2017!
Yet.

mikench

Reaction score
Neither have I! Should I give up fishing now I am ahead! It's fishing not catching:)

paulas

Reaction score
I was out 3 times piking------all blanks!! Only bit of excitement was a screaming run that turned out to be a cormorant, oh and 2 ladies that decided to have a xmas swim in the reservoir lol

rubio

Reaction score
I put a small bottle of glycerine in my fishing coat pocket just today ready for that. Even a tiny dab of it on the rods rings keeps 'em clear.

terry m

Reaction score
Had a few sessions out piking, one red letter day on a large pit where it seemed nigh on impossible to get all three baits in the water at once because of the number of runs. Plus other productive days and one blank on the river which still needs water!!!

stripey

Reaction score
Not been out at all over xmas,had bad cold that left me with a cough i could not shake off for nearly 2 weeks, then the missus was ill, lost her voice for 5 days
[ every cloud eh!] hopefully be fishing a local water on friday 6th,