newbie from wiltshire

associatedmatt

Reaction score
hello just joined here , from Swindon only been back into fishing only a year and a half after a break for around 12 years . mainly fished a commercial near me and a club water for smaller carp and silvers , mainly feeder or fish lead and pellet or waggler close in done a bit of smaller carp style fishing a fishing on alarms with barbell rods after tench too. As weather has turned now i am starting to try river fishing going to have a go at the river avon doing some roving for chub perch etc , but in summer wouldn't mind having a go for the barbel .

Keith M

Reaction score
Welcome to the FM forum Matt.

Look forward to your input and hope you do well with your barbel campaign on the Avon later this summer.

Keith

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Thankyou all , never done any river fishing except trotting a waggler on the thames in my teens , should be a nice target for this summer but also like to concentrate on tench too .

Keith M

Reaction score
Thankyou all , never done any river fishing except trotting a waggler on the thames in my teens , should be a nice target for this summer but also like to concentrate on tench too .

'Barbel and Tench?'; a man after my own heart Lol.

Keith

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Love the tench ! Do like hard fighting carp too but I have gotten bored of catching commercial size Upto 14 lb ish . Barbel always wanted to catch them ! Got a steep learning curve !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk