rigs and tackle

Jean-Pierre Slack

Reaction score
Hi I am new to carp fishing and would greatly appreciate some advice on line and so on,I have Diawa mission rods and Okuma epix pro 60 reels and want to use helicopter rigs I would like advice on main line ,leaders andhook lengths what length should my hook length be and what to use for it, and of course any other advice that going free.The lakes I fish have carp from6-8lb up to 50 and 60lb monsters

Hello to all you carp men

jps

Jean-Pierre Slack

Reaction score
Thanks for the links will check them out,as for helicopter rigs it's all I really know of so far, if there are better rigs for a begginer or better rigs to try please let me know I would rather learn from an experienced carper first hand there are so many written articals available I am at a loss to choose.

atb jps

Jean-Pierre Slack

Reaction score
By the way have I done right with the rods and reels I chose all I did was study the fishing journals in the hope of getting it right.

jps

F

Frothey

personally, i would only use helicopters if you are fishing in deep silt or at very longrange (where there are usefull for casting). a simple running lead or inline rig would be better.