lightweight chair

associatedmatt

Reaction score
im looking out for a lighweight chair for when im roving up and down the river , when sit still for a hour in a spot nice to have a chair but want as light as possible .

thanks

B

binka

I think the overwhelming sway of opinion will be behind the JRC X-Lite.

Very comfortable and light, as a dedicated chair destroyer I've had no problem at all with mine and I've been through a few :eek:mg:

B

binka

how do you destroy a chair ?!

il have a look at that chair now

Don't ask! :eek:mg:

Skip reckons I swing into 'em from overhanging trees.

I've had multiple frame failures and stitching coming apart, usually under the seat where it is doubled over the frame.

Exhibit 1 - Nash Nomad:

I've destroyed two of these, the Nash chairs were also particularly prone to flexing on the nylon/plastic collars which joined the adjustable legs to the chair itself.

Exhibit 2 - JRC Contact:

I could go on but I reckon you get the drift :)

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
plok your Derrière down too hard ?

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

not cheap are they for what they are ??

associatedmatt

Reaction score

I've had multiple frame failures and stitching coming apart, usually under the seat where it is doubled over the frame.

Exhibit 1 - Nash Nomad:

I've destroyed two of these, the Nash chairs were also particularly prone to flexing on the nylon/plastic collars which joined the adjustable legs to the chair itself.

Exhibit 2 - JRC Contact:

the 1st one is a cracker ! my chair is a korum accessory chair but its a tad heavy !

what about korum super lite ?

Philip

Reaction score
Another thumbs up for the Stealth Xlite.

I got it on the advice of this forum and its the best chair I have ever owned & perfect for what your describing.

B

binka

what about korum super lite ?

I saw one of those in the window of a tackle shop and decided to go in and try it, it was incredibly light but nowhere near as comfortable or sturdy as the X-Lite.

To top it all off there was another chair beside it which I also decided to have a sit in, this one had arms and when I put my weight on them to get up one of them folded out and completely snapped off.

Another chair destroyed and I'd not even bought it!

I left the shop a bit sharpish. :wh

associatedmatt

Reaction score
ha ha i did have to chuckle on that one :D

best chair is with no arms ;)

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

im just being tight dont want to spend loads on a chair as already have 1 but a tad heavy for roving .

seen a korum one on ebay used around 8 times i may have a punt if cheap enough !

Philip

Reaction score
I saw one of those in the window of a tackle shop and decided to go in and try it, it was incredibly light but nowhere near as comfortable or sturdy as the X-Lite.

Exactly what I found with the Korum as well. It just was not comfortable, more rickety plus I seem to recall you could not set it as high as the X lite either.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
yes i would prefer the jrc but im going to see if goes for a silly cheap price :wh

mikench

Reaction score

Exhibit 1 - Nash Nomad:

Exhibit 2 - JRC Contact:

Case proven; res ipsa loquitur! Whenever you do something Steve you do make a good job of it:rolleyes:

terry m

Reaction score
JRC for me too.

I live the spring loaded lock pins that prevent the legs from folding underneath you. Fair price and lightweight.

naxian62

Reaction score
I've had the Korum Supa-lite for about 2 years now. Ok , so maybe it aint real comfy, but at 3,1kg it's pretty light and I 've fashioned a strap so I can carry it leaving my hands free for any other gear. Served me well so far.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've had the JRC x-lite for a great many years now and wouldn't swap it for anything else I've seen. Ticks all the right boxes for me - mind you I like to travel light...............
cfs_zpsgiqjriqg.jpg

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've had the JRC x-lite for a great many years now and wouldn't swap it for anything else I've seen. Ticks all the right boxes for me - mind you I like to travel light...............
cfs_zpsgiqjriqg.jpg

Lovely looking place to fish !

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
As I've said many times before, the X-Lite is a great chair and probably still the lightest one on the market (?), plus it is very good value IMO. The locking pins give confidence and the legs (providing you don't 'drop' into the chair from 4'!) give plenty of adjustment - at least for me..
From a purely personal point of view I did find the back support needed to be more vertical for the way I 'sit forward' when I fish and I solved this by making up two small ali blocks which sit under the back frame where it meets the base section. Works a treat!

Barbelboi recommended the chair to me many moons ago on FM and I've stuck with it ever since.

Would buy another tomorrow..............

ps A 'heated' version would be nice, but one cannot have everything!

Last edited:
B

binka

Thinking back, my first ever chair was the only one which I've not killed and that was a Dragon Carp hand me down off of a mate.

Light it certainly wasn't though and this ensured it was handed on to another unsuspecting victim of its heavy mass and uncomfortably low seated position.

Tricky thing to get right this strength to weight business but I reckon the X-Lite does it very well considering you get all the adjustment on four legs and things like the locking pins front and back.

More often than not I'm using mine on steep banks where the back legs remain completely folded in and it still feels comfortable.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro

Exhibit 1 - Nash Nomad:

Exhibit 2 - JRC Contact:

Not so much swing as dive into them Kamikaze style.

JRC X-Lite for me too....on rivers. Too low on stillwaters for Old Boys.