New angler from Oldham

nava

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started fishing again in the summer after nearly 20 years since I use to go with my uncle. I've definitely caught the bug and am looking forward to getting back out there now I have moved house. Had a couple of sessions on the Huddersfield narrow canal before I moved and caught some nice sized roach and perch.

Obviously I am still picking up the basics again and am looking at learning as much as I can so any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at joining a local angling club, but to be totally honest I have very little knowledge of where to start?

Anyway looking forward to hopefully a successful future fishing!!

greenie62

Reaction score
.... I have been looking at joining a local angling club, but to be totally honest I have very little knowledge of where to start?.....

Welcome to the Mad-house, nava - I'm sure you'll get lots of help and guidance on FM!

If looking for local angling waters - it might be worth joining Salford Friendly AS - free to join - no subs - but it's nice if you turn out for the odd work-party! :eek: Join Us - we have a number of waters in the area - including the Rochdale Canal - not a million miles away from Oldham - no interpreter needed! :D

Tight Lines :thumbs:

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome! I have learnt an awful lot from this forum in the last year and, dare I say it, my fishing is improving!!!

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Nava, welcome to FM, you'll find it a very friendly forum with lots of members that will be willing to help you when help is needed.

You'll soon be up to speed again I'm sure.

Tight lines

Keith

Last edited:

nava

Reaction score
Cheers for the welcome lads!

Thanks greenie62 will definitely give that a go. I use to hang around the canal near the Rose when I was a young teenager as I was born in Chadderton so should bring back some memories. Will do some research into the best stretches to fish!