Keen Angler & University Student!

attonr19

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

I am a 26 yr old student and been a keen course angler pretty much my whole life, thanks to my dad.

Mainly based around the north east, have ventured a little bit but not too much.

Wondered if I have any questions about a project I am working on if you would be able to help out?

Hope to hear from you soon :)

attonr19

Reaction score
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the warm welcome, Generally I am looking into the licensing for fishing but also into gear and how much people take on a regular basis.

It's mainly aimed at course fishing, but the project has the scope to venture to fly fishing and possible salt water fishing too.

The kind of information I am trying to get is around how much gear people generally take with them, but also how much gear is actually used out of everything you take?

Would you feel that if a system was in place to recommend the gear dependant on condition etc that this would be beneficial?

Thanks!

Keith M

Reaction score
Would you feel that if a system was in place to recommend the gear dependant on condition etc that this would be beneficial?

It would have to be fairly non specific and only offer the basic info for each type of venue and the species it may contain as there are so many different variables that need to be addressed depending on the species present and the different types of venue you are going to fish.

A recommendation service like the one you suggest would mainly be of use to the raw beginner; who can quite easily already pick the brains of all the other more experienced anglers around him or her and on forums like this.

It would be even more useful if it appeared under each venue description on a site such as the NRA web site.

Welcome to the forum though :)

Keith

Last edited:

keora

Reaction score
If you look on the internet, you'll find sites which already give anglers most of the information they need.

There's at least two good sites on coarse fishing:

A Guide to Coarse Fishing for Beginners from buying fishing tackle to catching fish

Discover Fishing, Guide to Fishing Rods

The Angling Trust has a detailed guide to fishing law in England:

Angling Trust and EA Release New Guide to Fishery Law & Enforcement - The Angling Trust

You will need to put in a lot of effort and it may not be worth it considering the information that's already available on coarse fishing.