Smallest item to be subject of a post

mikench

Reaction score
The weather here is miserable, cold and wet. The rain has just started to really come down so no fishing for me today. This got me thinking about the delights of this forum and the volume of responses on seemingly tiny and insignificant items of tackle and associated fishing items.

Just at the moment there are 3 posts which stand out. Firstly maggots which I posted and which provided a great deal of useful views and tips. Second we have small swivels which I am always amazed at in terms of engineering excellence in something so small.

Thirdly and the current winner has to be no2 shot!;) I cannot think what else to say about a tiny little sphere of metal:rolleyes:

Is there anything smaller in the world of fishing?

john step

Reaction score
I have heard the opinion expressed that those that sit on a cold wet river bank to fish have brains that would fit that category:D
Personally I think the reverse is true. :wh

Philip

Reaction score
Micro beads for putting onto hook shanks or hairs must run num 2 shot close ?

+ if we add volume of posts into the equation then hemp is pretty small but must have generated literally 100s of 1000s of words down the years

my winner however would prob be amino acids acting at the molecular level which has been the subject of some bait posts on the carp forum i seem to recall.

...and to think some people imagine fishing is about just sitting there like a gnome for hours with a rod line and hook..

:D

Last edited:

dicky123

Reaction score
This is a true story.

Many years ago I had a pal that worked for Rolls Royce. At the time they had a lot of competition from the Far East.

They send Royce the smallest of metal drills, as thin as a human hair I'm told, saying beat that.

When the owner of the company opened the returned drill, it had a hole drilled right down the middle of it. True.

Richard.

greenie62

Reaction score
With the exception of the Amino acids mentioned previously, I think the smallest angling topic that generates the most reply space is a knot! :eek:
They are used to attach almost every tackle item to the line, but they require reams of explanation to tie correctly, with or without a diagram! :D

robtherake

Reaction score
The size of a hook eye has been mentioned more than once. That is, if the hole qualifies as a thing, given that it's nothing surrounded by something, as it were.:confused::D

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
This is a true story.

Many years ago I had a pal that worked for Rolls Royce. At the time they had a lot of competition from the Far East.

They send Royce the smallest of metal drills, as thin as a human hair I'm told, saying beat that.

When the owner of the company opened the returned drill, it had a hole drilled right down the middle of it. True.

Richard.

That sounds remarkably similar to the one from GKN the Americans sent a pipe sample to GKN with the BEat that Brag so GKN sne the pipe back with a couple of pies inside it ..

PG ...

steve2

Reaction score
Can't believe I once used hooks down to size 24 with my eyes couldn't even see that size now.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I was a team that won a weight match on the Warks. Avon at Evesham using size 30 hooks. I had 28 fish for 0-4-4, mainly small stuff... The team of 4 weighed in 1-1-8 and would have won on points as well, second team weight was 1-1-4 and third 1-0-8.