Something I support 100%

chrissh

Reaction score
Something I support and think there should be more of around the UK
Angling Projects Gets Kids Hooked on Fishing.

13.jpg

View image in gallery

mikench

Reaction score
I cannot say i failed with my three because I only saw the light myself a year or so ago;)

Great idea though:)

iain t

Reaction score
Only one of my 3 boys still fishes with me now. College, work and the world of electronic overtook. The one that does fish has done so all over the world wherever he is based at the time whilst serving in the Army. He has cast a line in some very strange places.

mikench

Reaction score
My two daughters think I am bonkers but my son will go sea fishing with me occasionally..

A nice Trevally in the Gulf!

Last edited:

rich66

Reaction score
4 of my sons can fish, they don't do it often like their dad but it's something we do together once or twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My two daughters think I am bonkers but my son will go sea fishing with me occasionally..
A nice Trevally in the Gulf!

Mike, you can adopt me if you like and if daddy takes me with him i'll be more than happy to come fishing in the Gulf....etc etc etc ;) :D:D

mikench

Reaction score
Ian my son lives in Dubai and the fishing trip was organised and paid for by him! I must have done something right in bringing him up;)

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
They do fantastic work

Donated all my fishing cups to them for the kids. Saved on polish.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ian my son lives in Dubai and the fishing trip was organised and paid for by him! I must have done something right in bringing him up;)

Absolutely...you must have ! :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
My 3 sons all still fish just a much as they did as kids.

When taking them fishing as kids, I didn't want them just sticking to one thing, It was up to them when they got older if they wanted to go down that path.
All 3 fish for different species at different times of the year, that i am happy about.

We still go for long weekends together the four of us, and days out. Things have turned around a bit now, as they help carry my gear now, when in years gone by, I used to carry theirs.

peterjg

Reaction score
My son is a fisherman but does not go very often due to his own business responsibilities and my daughter who used to fish is now working for a wildlife trust, my wife comes fishing with me in the summer sometimes but she catches far too many!

nhs service

Reaction score
Our little fishing club was my dad, me and my two brothers. A lot of good memories, a lot of laughs.
There was a fourth brother nicknamed Chip but he never quite got into it.
One time at a lake no sooner had we tackled him up and cast out he went for a wander around the place.
He must have chatted to someone who tipped him off about hemp because when he came back he grabbed the hemp bucket and madly threw in handfuls for what seemed like 10 minutes.
He then sat down and a minute or so later reeled in a small roach.
We were biteless obviously.
Despite this early promise the early starts discouraged him, he was always asked but when that alarm went off his love of the duvet was the greater attraction.

rayner

Reaction score
Used to take my Daughter when we holidayed, these days she's far to busy with her work.
She lives in Burnley works in Oxford as a consultant for Oxford health.
I have some nice photographs of us fishing. We get to see her regularly so all's good.