Magic Bread

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just bought some of the Mosella stuf and will try it shortly Anybody use it, good or not?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Yes, I use it. I'm not overly convinced by the coloured/flavoured versions, but it stays on the hook very well.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've used if on and off for while now (but never tried the flavoured versions) but it catches fish, can also be hair rigged to a small band and cast to a distance without coming off.

chrissh

Reaction score
I was using it a lot last season floating on top for summer carp it stay on the hook well BUT don’t make it to soggy did find it a bit of a ****** to cut with line as they tell you to do the line would break or the bread would crack. I found that it cut better without cracking the bread with a half of hacksaw blade.

I have also tried (CHAILLOU 1 BREAD) that works well
Link https://www.decathlon.co.uk/1-chaillou-bread-id_1606088.html

image.gif

View image in gallery

B

binka

Not used the stuff myself but a mate has and he has managed to keep it attached in some reasonably strong Trent flows.

It didn't set his world alight but did offer him a way into bread fishing which he refuses point blank to do with conventional flake and crust where there's a flow.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Part of an ongoing banterfest.
Magic bread won't go stale so long as it's kept dry. Once you've soaked it, it will moulder in time, but you can freeze any leftovers, and get a second (at least) session out of a slice.

chrissh

Reaction score
Add a drop of flavoured liquid Scopex, betaine, molasses, CSL to the hooked bread I use a syringe without the needle to add 1 drop of whatever flavour I fancy on the day the bread soaks it in like a sponge and makes a good attractor. Roll some small 8mm size balls of the bread and put a drop of flavoured liquid on them and use as free offerings

mikench

Reaction score
Oh ye of little faith! I will report back in due course. I reckon Melba toast would be similar and if the fish didn't like it you could serve it with some nice comté , fois gras or pâte !:)