looking for waters to join and fish for upcoming season

associatedmatt

Reaction score
my ticket ends at the end of march for swindon isis ( half season ) fished the lake but not had much luck and spoke to other anglers and find it the same so im looking for a new water to fish in swindon (Wiltshire) or surrounding areas .

has anyone fished or know of anyone who has fished Thames at lechlade or Bristol avon Chippenham stretch ?

looking for some river and still water fishing . There is a lovely old fashioned estate lake which has some nice tench in near just outside swindon near lechlade which £5 a day which i dont mind paying that but i dont really want to fish commies

or any recommendations thanks

thecrow

Reaction score
South Cerney Angling Club have a 2 mile stretch of the Thames at Lechlade as well as a stretch of the river Ray (Thames tributary) along with 5 or 6 lakes might be worth a look.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
i have fished there alot this summer on there match lake know as stait lake , but alot of there other lakes are the big carp lakes and are extreamly weedy as seems most anglers who fish for carp i know fish there and in the summer the lakes are a tad packed and full of camping anglers .

i was thinking of chippenham angling club , but need to know what there water fish like .

Home - Chippenham Angling Club

if you may of herd of this estate lake it is called buscot house £5 in a envalope in a box job .

Im just not keen on the bivvy boys and seem to attract young teens who make alot of noise and when go out to relax and i dont like the idea sitting behind alarms all day and possibly catch nothing ...

i do own alarms but been using on my avon rods when i been doing some tench on bream fishing on pits

tom_moran

Reaction score
Hi matt, I joined isis last year too. Had 3 runs and nothing landed from the lake all year. After finding fish bones and carcasses there we deduced that it had been ottered, which is a shame as it's a great venue. The isis stretch of river has been good for chub though.

Ive also been a member of scac for a few years but due to their inability to be proactive with otter fencing have decided not to join again this year.

My mate and I are going to join up to little horcott lake in fairford, the big lake is just to much 'work' for quick evening sessions and the little lake is 30 quid a year and had some great tench in it.

The Avon in Chippenham is free to fish and has some clinking great chub in it. Always do well on Cheese paste there

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Tom i have sent you a pm , be nice to hear a bit more about horcot as im from swindon , right near a419

yes i have seen dead fish near no1 pit shame really

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I fished at Chippenham on the club waters many years ago in winter leagues; in the right conditions plenty of roach and perch, chub in places, some good bream and even the odd tench. Once had a 4lb tench in a WL and thought I was doing well in the section until the end when i discovered someone at the end of the section out of sight had 25 bream for 95lbs; my 7lbs was second in section! Also a free stretch below the town (not seen this bit).
Home - Chippenham Angling Club

associatedmatt

Reaction score
thing is went to the lakes today and its a 45 minute drive if not more but its a contender

robcourt82

Reaction score
For the rivers, what about Odaa you can join for 10 or 11 quid and fish some superb bits of the Thames and the Oxford canal.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Never heard of odaa where abouts in Oxfordshire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Never heard of ODAA whereabouts in Oxfordshire?

It's Oxford DAA. Join a member like Littlemoor AC or Masons AC at about £10 or £11 and access to the Thames from just above Oxford at Godstow down to below Iffley (below Oxford) plus a stretch at Clifton Hampden which is further downstream. Oxford & District AA

Nearer to you I believe Radcot AC had a fair bit of river, possibly Clanfield AC.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I have fished radcott opposite the swan many years ago when was a nipper , but I believe there is a ticket for lechlade which even closer to me . At radcot I remember being followed by the cows all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk