Scales

theartist

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good set of scales for smaller species that does pounds, ounces and drams?

Cheers
Rob

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Specimen Gudegon hunter ! Ha ha love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flightliner

Reaction score
Tigger, I have a pair, think in terms of them being around 4.5 " diameter.
They weigh in metric and imperial cant say I,ve noticed drammes?.

warpedrazer

Reaction score
Just looked on preston website sorry bud lowest is oz .

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Come to think of it never seen scales

What about these imperial scales .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290795190092

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

OK Flight, i'm not too bothered about drammes.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind a small set lets say for smaller fish like roach , dace and chub any recomdations

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
The Korum scales above look good and very neat and being digital probably more accurate(?), BUT why would a 8 volt battery be better than something that is rechargeable, as with mobile's etc.? (Maybe it is!!)
Also, (and this to do with the lack of dimension for them) how on earth would you lift something of (say) 80 odd lbs via the 'small' built in loop of steel? I can see they come with a lifting bar of some description and maybe this clips on and is stable, but its not obvious - to me anyway!
Someone who has them will put me right, no doubt.........

Personally, with my fishing confined to mainly silver fish, I only need very small up to (say) 10lbs, but very accurate AND rechargeable (with low charge light) just as I have with camera and phone!

I ask too much, perhaps.........

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Korum scales don't register under a few lbs for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip

Reaction score
but very accurate AND rechargeable (with low charge light) just as I have with camera and phone!

Me too !

As has been debated a few times recently, thats exactly my issue with digitals that I fear they are already weighing wrong before there is any obvious indication the battery is starting to run low.

Thing is, even if they did come with a low level indicator I would want to be 100% sure they had not already started to weigh wrong before it illuminated...and THAT I fear is an impossible ask.

I suspect for that to actually work in practice it would need to indicate it was "low" literally within 5 mins of the unit being fully charged.

And yes it all depends on how important knowing the weight of your fish is for you personally. Some people just want a rough idea...which is perfectly ok.

Me I want to know what it weighs as near as 100% as I can.

seth49

Reaction score
Yes, mine do as well, on my korum scales there is a battery level indicator as well, it's a rectangular box with I think three bars in it to show battery level. I bought two rechargeable battery's for mine, one in scales and one spare.

Got the batteries from Lidl, so not to dear.

thecrow

Reaction score
I am hence the original post :D

Cmon chaps there must be scales that do drammes, not looking to replace my existing scales but have another set for the smaller species.

Seems that it really is a problem finding portable scales that weigh in drammes unless its the type you wouldn't want the police to find on you with a bag of casein :eek:

If you do a search on here there are a few threads about the subject, just search drammes.

dicky123

Reaction score
Try eBay and look for digital scales. I use a pair designed for weighing luggage when your going on board a plane. Amazing piece of kit very accurate, multi weights, grams, ounces. Think I paid less than £5.

I always turn one battery upside down, as the only thing i find with scale batteries is they go flat very easy. When I want to weigh something I just turn it back. Anything designed for fishing is too expensive. JMV.