Rod hold alls

mikench

Reaction score
Does anyone use the 4 6 or 8 rod/ pole/ tube hold alls like the Korum and straps it onto roof bars ? There are similar storage bags made by Preston ,maver, etc measuring 190 cm in length which will hold 4,6 or 8 rods not made up.

I have a selection of padded rod sleeves for made up rods by Drennen and Middy
Which are fine but take up room in the car . I am pondering on whether they would all fit into a waterproof hold-all and then strap onto the roof bars. I have a roof box but would have to constantly take it off so do not want to use it. Aerodynamic bars I am happy to leave on!

All suggestions gratefully received. The Bentley model is beyond my budget:rolleyes:

chrissh

Reaction score
A friend of mine uses an aluminium tube like the gas fitter have on their vans it hold 6 rods and has a locking cap at one end the plus side of it is if you stop to have a cupper or leave the car unattended it secure so no-one can nick your rods

It’s a bit like this but round
vg400-2_wide_2.jpg

View image in gallery

mikench

Reaction score
I assume that the 6 rods are just stored in it in their cloth bags? That could work and I will look out for something like it! Cheers!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
mikench...

I no longer take made up rods because , being basically lazy, I would just stick with whatever I had last used even if unsuccessful . By starting from scratch I am more inclined to adapt and try something new like a helicopter rig.

:confused: ?

robtherake

Reaction score
I used to strap my full size carp rod bag to the roof rack, but the drag it created caused the straps to fail, dumping the bag onto the A19 at 70mph.:eek:

I know you ain't supposed to retrieve items from a dual carriageway, but I got it back anyway, after a mad dash down the hard shoulder! The bag was trashed and a fitted baitrunner reel had a good part of the body chamfered off. The rods fared better, with a broken butt ring liner being the only casualty.:eek:mg: