Fishing in south devon

nichalex

Reaction score
Hi guys, my sister wants to have a short notice holiday in south devon next week. I would love to do a bit of fishing. I hardly fish in Britain yet alone in south devon (I live in France). I am therefore wondering what sort of fishing I can do over there at this time of year.

bullet

Reaction score
Dont know where you are staying but plenty of sea fishing in south devon.

nichalex

Reaction score
I'm staying near Dartmouth I think. I don't know any marks though. I haven't sea fished before in the UK, but there must be some whiting

bullet

Reaction score
Slapton sands or beesands are near Dartmouth and worth a look, particularly after dark at this time of year.

robertroach

Reaction score
If you are a relative novice but like sea fishing I would go out in a charter boat from Dartmouth for a day. You will catch some fish and have a great experience. Google a tackle shop in Dartmouth and telephone them, they will know what's available.
Assuming you like going out in boats.

nichalex

Reaction score
I have left two float rods and 3 carp rods in the UK. I had never been boat fishing, would 2 3/4 carp rods do the job?

chrissh

Reaction score
The carp rod would be ok from the beach at slapton or fishing from rocks but to long for boat fishing a lot a boat hire rods out for the day … check with the charter boats first