newlands angling club

associatedmatt

Reaction score
has anyone on here fished any of there lakes ? its based over at stanton hardcourt right by linear fisheries

its around 40 minuites from me and im thinking to give it a go after april

cheers

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Spoken to them just wanted to know if any anglers on here has fished it and what lakes best for tench and what are best tactics also on bents what's best tactics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sam vimes

Reaction score
It's many years since I looked round the Newland waters and visited State Tackle in Witney (I heard that Derek (?) had passed away a few years back). The pits were relatively immature back then, but still contained some good fish. Much the same as some of the younger waters on the Linear Complex waters in that respect.

I'd have no qualms fishing any of the Stanton Harcourt pits for tench. Most of them seem to have at least some in and they generally get to a decent size. However, if I lived down your way (given that you seem to want to avoid the South Cerney/Cotswold Waterpark waters) I'd probably look to getting on Horseshoe Lake at Lechlade. Reputed to not be the tench water it once was though, which is a shame.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Sam I have fished both stait and gilmans on south cerney ticket but the bigger carp lakes are not day ticket and they are not fishing well over last few years , there 8 people I know at work who not re joining next year . There are other day ticket lakes but have to get ticket from tackle den and I don't ideally want to hand around when they open at 9.30 . Prefer to get there at dawn . Yes horseshoe lake is brilliant but it's a syndicate of £410 a year . Out of my budget really .

Don't mind a bit of a weedy lake but thick weed puts me off but then I don't know how to fish in weed and best tactics . All my fishing is self taught through watching videos and asking questions

sam vimes

Reaction score
There are other day ticket lakes but have to get ticket from tackle den and I don't ideally want to hand around when they open at 9.30 . Prefer to get there at dawn.

Have you asked if they'll do you a pre-dated ticket the night before, or earlier? Some places will do that for you.

Yes horseshoe lake is brilliant but it's a syndicate of £410 a year . Out of my budget really .

That's a change from last time I looked at it. Not too long ago it was Carp Society membership allowing you to fish it on a day ticket. Might not be worth it anyway. Rumours abound that there aren't the numbers of tench there once was.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I have heard that there is not as many tench and yes a day ticket but £1.25 per hour per rod .

Yes they do a pre dated ticket but it's getting to tackle den after work before closing is the awkward thing . I would fish south cerney on franklins but don't know how to fish it except the margins .