How we used to fish Roach & Chub

flightliner

Reaction score
Lovely period film there, Hampshire avon perhaps?.
I dont think he was stret pegging for those (very manky roach in a tank ? ) roach, more like trotting.
I notice he wasnt on a wicker basket-- it looked like one made by ernie parlour--- light years before they became popular !.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Nice one Crissh, I've got the whole collection of Jack Hargreaves but is still nice to have a look through from time to time,

I like a lot of the nostalgia in how we used to fish.....Mmm....well I Sought of still do fish the same :D....lols

iain t

Reaction score
I was dragged up watching Jack Hargreaves on Sunday mornings. Started fishing because of my Dad and Jack. No one come's close to his relaxed way of presenting in that old shed
Except for the rods not much has changed on the tackle side. Brilliant seeing these old 60s/70s fishing films. Shame so many tapes has been lost over the years.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Lovely period film there, Hampshire avon perhaps?.
I dont think he was stret pegging for those (very manky roach in a tank ? ) roach, more like trotting.
I notice he wasnt on a wicker basket-- it looked like one made by ernie parlour--- light years before they became popular !.

I don't think he was 'pegging' either Mick, a noted author and illustrator but never noted for his angling by those who were................

B

binka

I wasn't even around when those films were made but I always enjoyed watching them.

I can't help thinking that Jack Hargreaves was a proper aficionado, old spanker type though :eek:

I think it's that public service announcement voice that did it.

'And today we're on the Wensum where Beryl is attempting to lay on with bread flake for roach...

Ooh sorry Beryl the flake has come off...

Whuptussssh'

Sorry :eek:mg:

:D

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I wasn't even around when those films were made but I always enjoyed watching them.

I can't help thinking that Jack Hargreaves was a proper aficionado, old spanker type though :eek:

I think it's that public service announcement voice that did it.

'And today we're on the Wensum where Beryl is attempting to lay on with bread flake for roach...

Ooh sorry Beryl the flake has come off...

Whuptussssh'

Sorry :eek:mg:

:D

Funny....PMSL :D

Philip

Reaction score
Amazingly well edited for an old film. Plus I thought he explained what he was doing as well if not better than anyone I have seen nowadays.