The zoom on my camera

seth49

Reaction score

Took this last year, both photos were taken from the same spot. The top without zooming in, and the lower one is on full 60x optical zoom, hand held as well.

The hare is sat at the bottom of the tree, it's hard to make out though, was impressed with this shot, it's nice to have such a range in one camera, and no need to carry different lenses.
Camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ72 lumix with a Leica lens, it does HD video as well.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I've had a Canon SX50HS for several years and it's a superb bridge camera with 50X optical zoom and up to 200X digital zoom. The single lens is an excellent piece of workmanship.

Hand held is a bit tricky up to 50x but with concentration and careful framing excellent results can be achieved. Even better when braced against something else. A more solid foundation is preferable for anything above 50x where it will still produce good results.

I use it more and more for wildlife and scenic stuff down here in Dorset but also for all of my fishing shots as well.

One of my better buys from Jessops on the evening before they went bust at a bargain price and still stands me in good stead several years later.

mikench

Reaction score
I have a Sony with 30 x optical zoom and image stabilisation technology but to get a crisp shot you need to use a tripod or bean bag particularly when moving or stood open to the elements!

seth49

Reaction score
I think years of air rifle shooting gave me steady hands, it is handy in that you've the choice of framing the shot with the rear screen, or it will switch too a view finder with one button press,

I really like this camera, I had a Nikon dslr before this, it would have cost me a fortune in lenses to take a shot like that, I take it with me when I go for walks etc, when I'm fishing I take my catch shots on my iPod, it's always with me, and I have a little remote control in my waistcoat that allows me to take a photo of me with the fish if I want.

I'd be for ever washing and drying my hands if I took this with me, to use when I'm fishing, to good to get covered in bream slime and groundbait.?