Bang on

mikench

Reaction score
I will have to watch it all the way through but being the impetuous angler that I am, I found a balloon, filled it with gb and then when I put my baiting needle in it , it popped!;) What did I do wrong?:rolleyes:

One might as well drain the water and be done with it!

thecrow

Reaction score
Its looks like one of those ingenious inventions that wont catch on, a lot of faffing about if you ask and no I wont be using them :)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I first saw this a few years ago and met the guy a couple of times. Can't say I understood what the point of all the hassle was but he was confident to rent a stand at The Big One and various other shows so good luck to him!

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Why didn't he just walk downstream and chuck some in on the market?
Good luck with that matey,it'll sell about as well as the Gardener Suspenda.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The bait would just wash downstream when the balloon burst so wouldn't be any where near your hook bait.
Being honest I think the whole thing was pretty dire to say the least.....and 30 freekin' notes for the starter kit !

slaphead

Reaction score
I remember watching something similar on a programme called Off The Hook Extreme Catches, where they were using normal balloons to drift their baited hooks to a spot they couldn't cast to.

I think it was to a power station outflow.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Biggest load of schit I've seen for ages,

Easier way is to put 2-3 slices of bread together and put into the margins of yer swim, then quickly place yer rig and a pva mesh bag of goodies directly on top of the bread, leave yer reels bail arm open and now just let the current take the bread downstream to as far as you want ( within reason )

Now just give a quick strike to pul yer rig off of the bread and bobs yer uncle rig is now in position without even casting :thumbs:

I've tried this several times and does actually work

Simples :D

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
When I was a kid we used to fish a difficult swim on the Kings weir backstream and there was another on the Thames around Queens Island - we would use a cigar tube with lead in the base as a 'fleger'. It worked like a floating swimfeeder; cast it out and trot it down to where you wanted to fish, then tighten up to fill it with water and sink it and the free samples contained within. These days I just find an easier swim. :)

trotter2

Reaction score
It won't work your feed will be miles away from your baited hook.
Stick to a feeder and line clip.

Philip

Reaction score
It will work if the tube is sealed and only open at one end that pokes up above the surface. Float it down to where you want then pull it to fill it with water so it sinks and deposts the feed in the right spot.

Ok not something your going to use very often but I can think of some swims that it would be impossible to fish with the clip up and cast method as they would be under overhanging trees and branches.

Its one of those tricks to keep up your sleeve for that just in case situation.

There is a simlar trick with a ballon and a paper clip that can get for example pike dead baits out miles further than any cast ever could.

Mind you nowadays people probably just get a bait boat ...but of course we all know that cheating ;):D:wh