Tigernuts - Fresh or Gooey

murphyboy69

Reaction score
In the past most seemed to say tigernuts left to ferment and go gooey was the best way to prepare them for fishing but lately a few people have said they prefer them fresh out of the pan. I know it mainly comes down to personal preference but just wondering if anyone had done any personal experiments to find out if one provided better results.

thecrow

Reaction score
Never compared them against each other as such comparisons in angling are very difficult to come to any conclusion from, what I can say is that I have used "gooey" ones and others that have been used before that stage and both have performed as well as each other, I always put lots of extra sugar in with them when simmering them this after soaking for a couple of days.

Philip

Reaction score
I think it depends on what you mean by fresh out of the pan.

In my opinion particles are at their absolute best when they are literally chucked in still hot from the pan. If you can cook them on the bank and chuck them in hot then thats what I would do ! ...they will be pumping out attraction like no business.

After that so once left to cool I think its personal preference. I know Ken Townley who knows more than most about particles always raved about how a Tiger was at its best once left to ferment a bit and become covered in that gooey slime.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I think it depends on what you mean by fresh out of the pan.

In my opinion particles are at their absolute best when they are literally chucked in still hot from the pan. If you can cook them on the bank and chuck them in hot then thats what I would do ! ...they will be pumping out attraction like no business.

After that so once left to cool I think its personal preference. I know Ken Townley who knows more than most about particles always raved about how a Tiger was at its best once left to ferment a bit and become covered in that gooey slime.

And to those wise words of Ken Towley that is exactly what I would do,

I've always believed that the longer you can leave a particle bait to ferment in its own juices the better, it can often take time for the natural oils and juices to seep right through the seeds and nuts :D

As an example if one makes and cooks up a stew, it's often mentioned that it tastes so much better if left in the stew pot to ferment until the next day :rolleyes:

Marker

Reaction score
I've used them both ways and can't tell the difference, they work well fresh or gooey ;)

Reaction score
The gooyer the better mate,they just love them as they ferment.