21st Century semi-newbie (Derbyshire)

oakeheart

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having fished a little as a youngster back in the late 90's, I've decided to get back into the pastime that gave me so much pleasure as a kid. I've pretty much forgotten everything I ever learned (other than the adrenaline of having a fish on, of course) so planning on starting all over again from day one, and can't think of a better place to do it than the Derwent Valley in Derbyshire! ? Looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys and hopefully making some new friends in the process!

Aaron

oakeheart

Reaction score
Hopefully a bit of both. I spent most of my time on still water as a youngster but have always felt more inclined towards fishing rivers and streams. Spending a lot of my time in and around Belper I have the Derwent right on my doorstep.

Keith M

Reaction score
Welcome to the FM forum Aaron, and welcome back to angling :thumbs:

There's some great anglers on here who are more than willing to help when needed.

Keith

flightliner

Reaction score
Aaron, welcome to FM. Hope you find what you're seeking, plenty here who will try to help you out with any queries you may wish to raise.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Always good to welcome a new member, if only to freshen up the site with different ideas.....

Welcome!!

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Aaron :D

Don't be afraid to ask anything as there's a few of us on here who'll only be to willing to help :thumbs:

Be lucky

yorkieman

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Aaron.

If you want to know anything relating to the hobby there's plenty of members to help you...they have me !

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Aaron :D

Don't be afraid to ask anything as there's a few of us on here who'll only be to willing to help :thumbs:

Be lucky

Yes these poor lot having to put up with my questions :D

Only been back fishing over a year and there are so many ways to skin a cat or fish in fact . Word of advice ..... dont over complicate things ! start simple and learn that 1st , i still am and you will find it easier focusing on one method at a time and you soon find ones you like .

Oh welcome to the forum .

oakeheart

Reaction score
Cheers! That's the plan. If there's one thing I'll be avoiding completely it's the 'all the gear, no idea' syndrome. ?

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Are you going carp fishing or general course fishing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oakeheart

Reaction score
General course fishing to start with. To be honest, carp fishing has never really appealed to me. I've always fancied giving barbel fishing a go though. It's been an ambition to net a decent predator too, either pike or zander. I think I'll leave that until I've a little more experience however. :D

associatedmatt

Reaction score
your in same boat as me then , joined a club as there are barbel in a stretch of bristol avon but there hard to catch but i need to learn how to river feeder fish really so going to start with chub in july .

i go fishing on my own and dont fancy going to a big powerful river like the wye or Severn on my own .

im going to be sticking to smaller lakes and estates type lakes really for still water even though there is resivior on the club im with but im only giving a go untill july when i can join chippenham angling club they have 3 nice smaller lakes plus in april a small estate lake open again

tight lines ,