Preston caboactive (askari) float rods

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Graham, just get yourself a 14ft drennan accy plus, you'll love it!

davebhoy

Reaction score
I've used the power version, 12' 9" for trotting for barbel, its very like the drennan tench float, its a very nice rod although the blingy gold guides might not be to your liking

I also have a float version in the attic, it's the 13' version but i snapped the tip off at the tip ring and I havent got round to getting it repaired yet. I liked it a lot, I used it for trotting for chub and it handled some 4-7lb barbel on the small river i fish reasonably comfortably

Its just an inch or so so it shouldn't affect the action

If you're interested for the price of the postage I'll send it to you and you can have a play, just bung me a few quid or whatever you think if you want to keep it

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thats very kind of you Dave.
Im actually bidding on a 14footer at the moment. So lets see.:cool:

nottskev

Reaction score
I've got a 15' -17' dating back to 2003 and I wouldn't be without it. It's light enough and has the most fantastic fish-playing action, supple and elastic. It's a little ungainly at 17', but at 15' it's a treat. I use it with a pin for close in fishing for tench and crucians, and for stick float where bigger fish are likely to turn up. It really does work well with a wide range of line strengths. The finish is excellent and the rings are like new despite a lot of use. If I lost or broke it I'd be on Ebay straightaway looking for another.