A new oldie!

Des Tobin

Reaction score
Hi all, been lurking for a week or two so taking the plunge again.
It's been nigh on 13 years since I last lifted a rod and fished,well untill last week when a friend who I used to take fishing as a 'kid' took me this time?
Had to borrow his tackle too.Luckily he's a real tackle tart which I confess to be as well.
Originally I would have been Piking in the winter,then Tench in summer if you can call constant wind and rain as summer.It's always wet in Ireland :mad:
Lots have changed in those 13 years,so much so,everythings the same ? I see putting a fishy logo on your gear allows the manufacturer to get the arm in...
Anyways,here's to another go at getting that 8lb Tinca I always would of targeted.Never got it 1st time round so here goes :guinness:

Keith M

Reaction score
Welcome back to the sport, hope you get that Tinca you are aiming for :)

Keith

rich4930

Reaction score
Hi Des, welcome (back)! I also returned to fishing 3 years ago after a long break. Best decision I've made in a long time :) I'm a Tinca fan too, and lucky to have a superb lake just half a mile down the road from me. Haven't had an 8 myself yet either, but they're in there, so I'm hoping too. :)

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back to fishing. Anywhere near the warm water outflow near Shannon Bridge? Lots of tincas there. I wonder if the power station is still there what with all the fuss nowadays about digging/ burning peat.

swizzle

Reaction score
Welcome Des. Good luck with that tench. As long as you keep your eyes off of the top spot in the tench challenge, we will get along fine!

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome ! If you thought things had changed after 13 years imagine what it was like after nearly 50:) You are now wiser and older and ready to enjoy a new lease of life;)

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
A belated welcome, Des. You DO know that it's now a condition of membership that you send in an exciting article at least once per week - with photo's - don't you? :)

I look forward to receiving all your much-valued contributions!

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Welcome back Des, good luck with the Tinca:)

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

A belated welcome, Des. You DO know that it's now a condition of membership that you send in an exciting article at least once per week - with photo's - don't you?

Been nice being here, looks like I'm gone then Cliff :p

john step

Reaction score
Welcome Des. Good luck with that tench. As long as you keep your eyes off of the top spot in the tench challenge, we will get along fine!

If Des does catch the winning tinca you could always demand to know what part of Ireland it was caught. Competition says caught in UK!:D:D:D
Only joking:wh