Korum accessory chair trolley attachment

mikench

Reaction score
Does anyone own or have experience of the above. A chair which converts to a trolley and vice versa sounds ideal and shouldn't take up much space in the car boot !

robtherake

Reaction score
There was a handle and wheel kit for the old style square-section Korum accessory chairs, but it's long discontinued. Might be worth watching Ebay, although I don't suppose they turn up too often.

As for the newer models, this looks like just the thing....

Korum X25 Chair Barrow Kit | Korum | Korum: Fishing Made Easy

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

The only issue I have with chair wheel kits is that you really need a protective cover to stop wet, muddy and slimy gear from messing up the seat covers.

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
Got one, love it, use it all the time

Korum_chair_and_barrow_kit_2.jpg

View image in gallery

Korum_chair_and_barrow_kit_1.jpg

View image in gallery

mikench

Reaction score
I think I am persuaded! With friends like Rob and Tigger I will die a pauper but a happy man and will have all the tackle one could conceivably want:)

I have the solution to the the cover. Ask your local garage, car dealer for a couple of their seat covers they put on when the car is being serviced. They slide over the top and bottom of the car seat. Perfect I would have thought. I use one for the floor so will give it a clean.

Last edited:

chrissh

Reaction score
I have the twin wheeled Korum trolley that only takes 10 seconds to attach to the back of the chair it not used that much most of the fisheries I got to I can park next to the swim
I keep it under the spare wheel board in the boot car so when it’s needed it there. It can be used with my Korum chair or a seat box when the extending leg are fitted,they are not need with the korum chair

i don't taking loads of tackle so it fits my needs it will hold my tackle bag, brew kit, bait bag, rods and brolly and still have room for more

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
A quick point -

The picture I posted shows a NEW Korum X25 DELUXE chair with the barrow kit.

The kit will fit onto the new X25 chair (non-deluxe) but it doesn't recline

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think I am persuaded! With friends like Rob and Tigger I will die a pauper but a happy man and will have all the tackle one could conceivably want:)

Those things arn't for me Mike, if I can't carry me gear i've got too much ;).

I reckon if I ever needed a barrow i'd just use me builders barrow with several holes drilled in the bottom :D.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I have a carp porter barrow , it is good but it can be a pain even though folds flat can be bulky . Good job I have a transit connect .

I'm thinking about a korum accessory chair trolley , love my korum chair . Have had a look at the x25 chair with barrow in tackle shop but it's quite low handles and imagine would give people bad backs .

Are the accessory chair trolleys any good ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
You are right Ian and I do not want a trolley at all but may need a new chair! The trolley attachment is small and neat and could give me that added flexibility.

Something to think some more about!:)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You are right Ian and I do not want a trolley at all but may need a new chair! The trolley attachment is small and neat and could give me that added flexibility.

Something to think some more about!:)

I got a chair last year, a nice light one but of good quality. I'll check it out, I think it's a JRC, some members may remember what it is, i'm sure Ste Bink will as he was one of the members who recommended it to me.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll bet it was a JRC Stealth; good quality and very light! It is on my list!!!:)

I've just been and clocked it and yes your right Mike it is a JRC stealth. I got mine from NWA (where we where the other day) as it was the cheapest place at the time, might be better deals elsewhere now though. I've still not used it :rolleyes:.
I did have a korum chair and only used it several times at most before getting shut of it...I really didn't like it. To me it felt heavy and seriously awkward to carry, and dug in my leg or hip, it might be ok on a barrow on flat venues but not for carrying down the river and using on steep bankings. Unscrewing and then screwing up the holders on the legs when trying to get it level was a pain in the harris also and if not tightened up enough (too tight imo) the chair would slip down them! Also when on a sloping bank (or just having the seat set low even) and having to set the front legs longer made them stick up high and made getting on and off the chair awkward and I was forever catching the legs and being tripped up...pretty naff imo.
There are plenty of options out there Mike and you'd be best to go and have a nosey at some before blowing your coin as you may not like the JRC Stealth.
No doubt there are some better chairs available but I haven't seen any ;).

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Not yet used it !!:) what have you used or do you stand up Ian;)

My chair is great save that the rear legs collapse every so often. I like the legs extended as the higher seating position is more comfortable. Bring it with you next time out and I can give it the once over. If the Preston side tray fits using the Korum any chair adaptor it may be the one for me. I like the fact it only weighs 3 kilos, exactly half the weight of the Korum chair!

associatedmatt

Reaction score
That is the only thing with the korum chair , it's the weight ! If you use a narrow etc no problem . Never used mine along river I just rove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
I really want to avoid a trolley if at all possible so a lightweight but decent chair provides a potential solution to my problem and gives me a chair which I can rove with:)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not yet used it !!:) what have you used or do you stand up Ian;)

My chair is great save that the rear legs collapse every so often. I like the legs extended as the higher seating position is more comfortable. Bring it with you next time out and I can give it the once over. If the Preston side tray fits using the Korum any chair adaptor it may be the one for me. I like the fact it only weighs 3 kilos, exactly half the weight of the Korum chair!

To be honest the first chair I pick up is one of these....

Shakespeare Folding Chair with Rod Rest Versatile Stylish Lightweight | eBay

Shakespeare Folding Strong Canvas Fishing Chair with Back Rest | eBay

The taller one is the lighter one. I have a little tiddler one with no back but that's more for roaving when legering on the river.

I have another chair that's low but weighs less than any i've ever seen, I think they're quite sort after now but I think you can get 'em.

mikench

Reaction score
Your Stealth is incredibly light for what it offers Ian! It is half the weight of comparable chairs! Decisions decisions!!!:)

laguna

Reaction score
I bought the trolly with the intention of buying the chair, but never did. I've never used the trolly, its gathering dust.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Your Stealth is incredibly light for what it offers Ian! It is half the weight of comparable chairs! Decisions decisions!!!:)

I've just got meself one of these. They are indeed incredibly light and best of all have locking front and back legs which should mean no more stranded beetle impressions.

TBH I have more comfortable chairs but this is comfortable enough and also high enough too. I miss having armrests but I'll get used to it.