Where's my Licence you Footpads ?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Being an upstanding and law abiding citizen i applied (online) for my 17/18 rod licence about 2 weeks ago. The Boy wants to have a go too so I bought him one too and was swiftly relieved of 60 nicker.

Nothing has turned up yet and April is almost upon us. Ought I too be concerned ? I have the acknowledgement which i know will do but i like the comfort of my bit of expensive flimsy paper and how long does it take to process these ffs. I had my cars Cert of Insurance within hours.

Not good enough IMO.......... wheres my bloody licence you thieving footpads ?

chrissh

Reaction score
Its the same every year I bought mine on the 5th of this month and still not got it YET… as long as you have the Licence number they sent you can still fish.

Print it off and keep a copy with you or put the number as a backup in your Mobile

rayner

Reaction score
Yet again it's late, how long before the clowns get this sorted out. Not content with ripping us off, they give the idea once they have our cash they couldn't give a jot.
Really, how difficult can it be. GET ON WITH IT. They perhaps need more volunteers.:rolleyes:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me, I've got the online printout and I rarely see another angler wherever I fish - let alone an EA clippy..........Far more important things to ponder over, like what to have for breakfast...........

dave m

Reaction score
i bought mine as soon as they became available online and still no licence.
i have saved a screenshot of the confirmation email on my mobile so will use that as a temporary back up until the paper one arrives.

i did email them a couple of weeks later asking if they will be sending out a paper card type as usual and was told that would indeed be doing so sometime around the start of april.

john step

Reaction score
i have saved a screenshot of the confirmation email on my mobile so will use that as a temporary back up until the paper one arrives.

i did email them a couple of weeks later asking if they will be sending out a paper card type as usual and was told that would indeed be doing so sometime around the start of april.[/QUOTE

Sometime about the start of April isn't good enough is it?

dave m

Reaction score

i did email them a couple of weeks later asking if they will be sending out a paper card type as usual and was told that would indeed be doing so sometime around the start of april.[/QUOTE

here is a copy of the email message i received from the EA...

Hi Dave,

You will receive the usual paper licence but they haven’t been posted yet.

You should receive it ready for 1st April but you’re still covered to fish as normal carrying your confirmation and some photo ID.

Kind Regards,

Gill Morton

Rod Licensing Team
Customer Service Advisor
National Customer Contact Centre
Part of National Operations Services

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Its the same every year I bought mine on the 5th of this month and still not got it YET… as long as you have the Licence number they sent you can still fish.

Print it off and keep a copy with you or put the number as a backup in your Mobile

Yes...but I shouldn't have to fanny about like that.They were quick enough to send me [numerous] reminders that it was due !

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

No its not. It gives the distinct impression that they'll get around to it when it suits them. Try adopting the same attitude to buying one. Footpads I say !

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'll not be renewing for a while yet. I'll use my annual fat camp excursion, which seriously impinges on leisure time, as an excuse to get out of sync with the renewing hordes. As the new licence runs for a year, I'll not feel cheated in any way.

rayner

Reaction score
As the new licence runs for a year, I'll not feel cheated in any way.

That precise thing will only make receiving a fishing licence on time even more unlikely.

Folk buy items off auction sites, one day over the projected delivery date can cause consternation. both the EA and the AT are nothing but a joke with no real body to answer to.

B

binka

I've just renewed mine online after reading this thread, it took me around two minutes.

To be honest I don't give a fig when, or if, it ever arrives as I have the details I need if I get checked without a physical copy.

I've fished when EA bailiffs have caught someone nearby fishing without a licence and the resources they have available to them are more than adequate to:

a) Track and locate your licence details

b) Be able to find out if you haven't got one and are telling porkies about your name and address

Especially when your car is parked directly behind you, as was the case of a lad fishing near to me at Newark a few years ago :eek:mg:

rayner

Reaction score
Especially when your car is parked directly behind you, as was the case of a lad fishing near to me at Newark a few years ago :eek:mg:

This reminds me of a time I was fishing Ulley reservoir with a friend some years ago.
The reservoir ranger came round to check day tickets, he also checked licences. I had shown my licence then he went to who I was fishing with. After showing his day ticket he was asked for his licence to which he said I've not got it on me.
The ranger filled out a form and when he had finished he asked how he had arrived on site. The chap I was with said he had come with me in my car.
The ranger then returned to my peg and asked me for the registration of my car. I asked why he needed it and he said so he had information to contact either my friend or if the information he gave was false the police could contact me.
At that time in my early twenties I was a little anti establishment, I refused to give him my registration and told him he had seen I was licenced, that he would not see it again and then insisted he went somewhere else perhaps in a more abrupt manner.
The story lasted a few hours longer and totally ruined my days fishing so much so I never took my friend again and it convinced me to fish alone is far easier.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To be honest I don't give a fig when, or if, it ever arrives as I have the details I need if I get checked without a physical copy.

I'm the same Steve, if i've paid for one and they don't send it to me then that's their fault and i'm quite positive you can't get into trouble for fishing wether you have license or not if you've paid for one.

I'm curious why people have renewed their licenses so early, surely everyone's old ones all run on on the 31st of this month, so why not wait until it's run out before renewing? As far as i'm aware you have to renew your new one from the date you buy it so that means your not getting your moneys worth for your old one!

Last edited: