Short Grumble.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Over the last week or so I've had two P M's asking me questions about items of tackle and methods.

Like many on here no doubt, after giving thought, followed by a comprehensive detailed time taking reply..........you hear nothing.

It may be because it's thought your response is a load of b×××x×ks. But come on . A simple ta wouldn't be too hard.:mad:

mikench

Reaction score
I don't think that was me! You are right however a thank you is the least one should give if someone takes the trouble to provide the answer to a question.

john step

Reaction score
Agreed. I have tried to tactfully point out to some on the beginers advice section that a feed back would be nice. Even blanks.
Some have come on here and milked it for advice that is easily found in basic fishing books on very regular occasions and then just disappearing.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Over the last week or so I've had two P M's asking me questions about items of tackle and methods.

Like many on here no doubt, after giving thought, followed by a comprehensive detailed time taking reply..........you hear nothing.

It may be because it's thought your response is a load of b×××x×ks. But come on . A simple ta wouldn't be too hard.:mad:

Maybe they've just forgot to respond or did respond but didn't press submit, i'm always doing that myself :rolleyes:.
If it's one of the long standing members I can't see them taking your advice for granted.

swizzle

Reaction score
Maybe they've just forgot to respond or did respond but didn't press submit, i'm always doing that myself :rolleyes:.
If it's one of the long standing members I can't see them taking your advice for granted.

I have done this in the past. Despite being young, I'm not terribly handy with technology. Then when you realise that you haven't actually clicked send, about 6 weeks has gone by and by then it's too late. So if I have done it to anyone in the past, I apologise.

shane99

Reaction score
why pm someone about advice ? isnt it for making arrangements to meet up or to sell something etc ? - I like reading the questions & answers, thats where you glean information & tips. Keep it public please :)

ken more

Reaction score
I don't need to ask anybody anything, coz I know everything:wh Seriously though, it is just superb that some are prepared to take the time and effort to help others. Very much appreciated by me at least:)

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Hi Graham

You've given me a few pointers in the past for which I've been very grateful - and I sincerely hope I said so at the time!

Likewise on a couple of threads I've made comments offering advice (soling the problem?). Most often I'm thanked but sometimes not. Like Crow says, maybe its a case of once bitten twice shy?

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Ok. I guess I was pretty busy over the period and they were specific questions about what do I do...and pm's rather than general open thread items.

None of the posters on this thread were involved.

Anyway nuff said or I'll be catching Victor "Geoff" up;)

greenie62

Reaction score
why pm someone about advice ? isnt it for making arrangements to meet up or to sell something etc ? - I like reading the questions & answers, thats where you glean information & tips. Keep it public please :)

Hi Shane,
Sometimes a PM is entirely appropriate - like when it becomes apparent that you both fish the same waters and want to share info, tips, etc. - and you probably don't want to make those public - to the regulars or the thousands of 'lurkers' / guests viewing the site!:eek:

Tight Lines!

shane99

Reaction score
Hi Shane,
Sometimes a PM is entirely appropriate - like when it becomes apparent that you both fish the same waters and want to share info, tips, etc. - and you probably don't want to make those public - to the regulars or the thousands of 'lurkers' / guests viewing the site!:eek:

Tight Lines!

Fair comment Greenie62 - tight lines yourself sir :)