Northern Angling Show

sam vimes

Reaction score
It looks a fair lump bigger than it has been in the past. There also seems to be a bit more involvement from the general coarse fishing companies rather than just the carpy ones.

Anyone bothering to go this year?

mikench

Reaction score
I have spent enough just recently so I doubt it! The venue is excellent and easy to find and to park!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay to go into my local tackle shop so I refuse to pay money to go into a place to spend money, imo they're takin' the urine by charging an entry fee.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay to go into my local tackle shop so I refuse to pay money to go into a place to spend money, imo they're takin' the urine by charging an entry fee.

If it were nothing more than a big indoor market, I'd certainly be of similar mind. Aren't you going for free, PAAS have a stand?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If it were nothing more than a big indoor market, I'd certainly be of similar mind. Aren't you going for free, PAAS have a stand?

Maybe I could get in for free Chris but in all honesty I can't be bothered bud, i'd rather put the juice in the car to travel for a days fishing. There may be some bargains there but I doubt it would be for stuff i'd be interested in.
Are you traveling over?

flightliner

Reaction score
Many thanks, I,ve never been to an angling show, thats if you discount the tackle displays at the old NASA/NASG do's back in the eighties.
Mmmmm, I'll see what I have on nearer the time.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, trying, and probably failing, to keep my wallet in my pocket.

Blimey, it's a fair way to go to spend your cash Chris, i'm thinking you have something on your mind ?

I was in NWA the other day and had a look at a 15ft accy, it felt quite powerful and was still very light and fast for a 15ft rod. It felt more to my liking than the ultra.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Blimey, it's a fair way to go to spend your cash Chris, i'm thinking you have something on your mind ?

I was in NWA the other day and had a look at a 15ft accy, it felt quite powerful and was still very light and fast for a 15ft rod. It felt more to my liking than the ultra.

Nothing on my mind, just going because I was invited out for the ride.
I rather like both of the 15' Acolytes. They've made me soft though. Rods that felt just fine before have started to feel a bit heavy in comparison.

Listen to your Uncle Skippy. Neither of you need any more rods !

Need and want are two different things. Fortunately, I don't need anything new. I don't particularly want anything new either. However, that's not stopped me before.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Nothing on my mind, just going because I was invited out for the ride.
I rather like both of the 15' Acolytes. They've made me soft though. Rods that felt just fine before have started to feel a bit heavy in comparison.

Need and want are two different things. Fortunately, I don't need anything new. I don't particularly want anything new either. However, that's not stopped me before.

Me neither....... but a 400 mile round trip might just do it ! :eek:mg:

seth49

Reaction score
Hoping to go on Saturday, haven't been to this one before, used to go to the ones at chatsworth, this looks a lot bigger, not after anything especially, but if I see something I like, who knows.

It's a day out, looking at fishing tackle etc, can't see anything wrong with that, and my mates driving, I don't like driving anyware I don't know anymore, I stick to roads I know, or use my bus pass. ?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Me neither....... but a 400 mile round trip might just do it ! :eek:mg:

I'd be rather surprised if anyone from anywhere much further south than Nottinghamshire would bother with the Northern Angling Show. You have bigger, better and closer tackle shows. This is about as close a tackle show that I know of to me. A 200 mile round trip is a little more sensible, but I'd not bother if it wasn't a bit of a sociable trip with angling mates.

B

binka

I'd be rather surprised if anyone from anywhere much further south than Nottinghamshire would bother with the Northern Angling Show.

If Nottinghamshire was specifically aimed at me then you're bob on 100% right! :D

In fairness I'm not currently in the buying market but we never say never :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
If Nottinghamshire was specifically aimed at me then you're bob on 100% right! :D

In fairness I'm not currently in the buying market but we never say never :)

Not aimed at anyone. Just an observation that I'd expect anyone south of Notts to head south for the bigger shows if they had an inclination to go to one.