Fishing quiz

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Just done a quiz thing for a mate, he compiles quizzes for old peoples homes and we thought it fun to get them online-more for the old folk really, they really enjoy these get togethers and we thought make it more interesting. Here's the thing, I thought of getting a fishing quiz going but not sure if I could manage the questions. So far got to some simple ones but could throw a few difficult ones in. The hard part is thinking up a different quiz each month 36 questions, fishing has its limitations. famous anglers, Tackle associated with towns, and that's as far as I have got so far. My mates the clever one for quiz setting but he knows nothing about fishing. So I am just fishing really, anyone any ideas, would you do this each month online just for fun. Example of current site and possible questions. good or bad idea?

https://the1066quiz.yolasite.com/
1)-What type of fish "The Three Spined -----------! ?
2)-Which fish might you find in a tree or a bush!?
3)-What is the full Latin name for Tench?
4)-Which type of fish is often known as the 'Doctor Fish'?
5)-Which fish typically has a protruding bottom lip,
Roach or Rudd?
6)-Which fish might you find in the Scottish Parliament but is
owned by the Queen!?

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Stickleback, perch, tinca tinca, the one before, Rudd, and Sturgeon !

Do I win an Acolyte?:)

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
1 ) Stickleback
2 ) perch
3 ) Tinca Tinca
4 ) Tench
5 ) Rudd
6 ) Sturgeon

Do I win a Normark :D

bullet

Reaction score
Your both wrong on number three, I'm afraid.

Should be Tinca tinca:)

mikench

Reaction score
Pedantry is not a virtue and with or without a capital the Latin given is correct!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Just done a quiz thing for a mate, he compiles quizzes for old peoples homes and we thought it fun to get them online-more for the old folk really, they really enjoy these get togethers and we thought make it more interesting. Here's the thing, I thought of getting a fishing quiz going but not sure if I could manage the questions.

I'm not sure the average granny in an old folks home could manage to answer any of your questions on fishing but I admire your caring spirit...

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Typical, now everyone wants prizes and accolades. predictive text, what an excuse Mudlark! You lose a 2 points
for that.

1)- What are Glycera dibranchiata
2)-Which famous angler might have gone over the Berlin Wall before it was pulled down?
3)-What did **** Walker originally call Clarrisa?
4)-Who won the All-England Championship in 1909 and 1927
5)-What was a Mona's SCALE
6)-What is a Popes Nondescript?

No prizes-Just a test to see if you even qualify for a prize!:) .

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 ----------

I'm not sure the average granny in an old folks home could manage to answer any of your questions on fishing but I admire your caring spirit...

Thanks Peter, I only sorted out the IT, took a bit of work but now I have the template and my mate does these questions anyway every month, I just have to set the website once a month. I have three pages on the site, one will carry last months quiz and a new quiz every month. So I have a spare page and not sure what to do with it if anything. Wouldn't expect the old folk to know anything about fishing but just putting the idea of a fishing quiz on here just to see the reaction. Setting quizzes, not my realm so just testing the water.

Last edited:

theartist

Reaction score
Clarissa was originally called Ravioli which is a title option you could have If you buy the print of it on Ebay by all accounts ;)

ken more

Reaction score
Is the answer to No4, England? And i think the answer to No1 is, "the Sh!ts" :)

Do i win anything:wh