fishing holiday 2017

caelan

Reaction score
were an when has anyone booked to go this new season coming I have booked the river severn brignorth for my break away this season how about you guy/girls

shane99

Reaction score
I presume you must be single or long time married caelan :)

nottskev

Reaction score
Good choice Caelan It's such an other-worldly place with its high town and low town and funicular railway. The Severn valley is beautiful. And there are some really good day ticket stillwaters nearby in case the river is out of sorts one way or the other.

john step

Reaction score
I have tried fishing holidays where I haven take my own sandwich maker but to be honest the two dont mix.

I much prefer nowadays to get away for 4 or 5 days on my own where there is no conflict of time spent on the river bank even if I have to buy ready made sandwiches.

Its surprising the good fishing that can be found near to or on campsites providing you dont mind roughing it for a few days.

Very little advance booking is required so river conditions can be viewed before a commitment is made.

flightliner

Reaction score
Any fishing I do on holiday will be from the back of a rather large floating hotel somewhere in the eastern med.
I have my orders, what else can I do?.

B

binka

Any fishing I do on holiday will be from the back of a rather large floating hotel somewhere in the eastern med.
I have my orders, what else can I do?.

Can't you tap the Captain up and get him to slow to a nice trolling speed? :)

seth49

Reaction score
There's one good thing about being retired, every day is a holiday.?

B

binka

I've got to admit I would love a fishing holiday, the last holiday I had of any kind was back in 2004 for the simple reason that I won't put the pets in boarding.

Back then I got someone to house sit but I still came home after three days :eek:mg:

I make up for it in many other ways though :)

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I haven't been on fishing holidays for years now but I do however do a few couple of day's fishing weekends where I may just stay eaither at a freinds house or normally a B & B :thumbs:

steve2

Reaction score
What's a holiday, haven't had one for over 5 years. When I retired I thought great I have now got all this spare time. Not sure where the past 10 years have gone.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Long weekend in April in Shropshire at Hurst Farm, with 3 fishing mates.....

Week in May with the family at St Tinney Farm (five lakes onsite I think)

Two days on the Wye with 5 mates in late June

Weekend on the Wye with 10 year old son, same week in late June

Week in France in August with family plus one other family, river Charente a 5 minute walk from the house

Long weekend in September (same group of mates as April) venue tbc, Shropshire or Wye

Week in Wales in October, family plus two other families, lake onsite

Looking at that lot I've got a lot to be thankful for!!! :) Smartest move I ever made was getting my kids in to fishing, they love it now and look forward to it every holiday.... so whilst we won't be fishing all day every day (like I do when I'm away with my mates) it will still play a part most days, almost always either early morning or later in the day when the fish are biting best anyway. Happy days!

robcourt82

Reaction score
No France trip this year but would love to get a few days on the severn, absolutely stunning area and there's not much better than running a float through it!
Luckily I get to fish 2/3 times a week till the clocks fall back again, its like a 6 month holiday of sorts!