Getting hot this weekend...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Tomorrow and Sunday promise to be very pleasant and sunny, especially Sunday.
Anyone have plans to get on the bank before it turns back chillyish next week?
I'm fishing up at Boddington reservior Sunday in a silvers only jobby, long drive but worth it for the superb roach fishing...

Last edited:
B

binka

It's a large gravel pit for me tomorrow and relaxing in the garden on Sunday.

I've been itching for a tip session all week and so I've only packed the tip gear after first deciding on everything, I know that I will end up on the float otherwise and I need the change.

Sarnies made, groundbait mixed, maggots riddled and worms ready for an 04.45 rise in order to pick a mate up at 06.00 :)

Really looking forwards to it and I fancy it for a big roach.

terry m

Reaction score
Off to Twickenham tomorrow for Bath vs Leicester.

Sunday travelling to DC for work.

Have not been fishing since March 10th. As usual I actually enjoy the break, however as the warm weather creeps in the 'bail arm finger' will start to get itchy!!

mikench

Reaction score
It's scheduled to be 38c today:( The whole ceremony is outdoors but thankfully doesn't start until 4.00 pm when it should be cooler. Stood in the sun in a suit and tie at a posh do or sat on the bank with rod in hand ! No contest:rolleyes:

seth49

Reaction score
I hope it does, it's two degrees here at the moment, and there's frost on the car"

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Bit chilly here atm but it's going to be a glorious day. I've been a bit Tom and **** this week so I've no plans to do anything much but Mrs S is going out and the shed needs painting. Do the maths :eek:mg:

Annual Suit Pointing Conference up that there London just abut did me in yesterday. I was feeling punchy anyway so when the presenter tried some bloody Jedi mind games on me I'm afraid he didn't quite get the reaction he was looking for. If he'd checked my isometric score he might have done well to pick someone else. Apparently I will " fight explosively" in certain situations .... one of which is clearly when some nob tries to patronise me in public.

God..How I enjoyed it. Not sure my Regional Director did but he's clearly confused me with someone who gives a damn.

Keith M

Reaction score
Got to buy some more plants for some of my garden tubs today (so the Mrs says :)) and giving the pond a bit of a clear out then tomorrow Ive got a work party at the estate lake where I will just be supervising around the fire and talking fishing (I'm getting a bit old for real work Lol).

Maybe I'll try to catch a few of the nice crucians that have recently been stocked tomorrow evening.

Keith

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
Luckily for me weekends are days I don't fish, far too busy.
I also avoid bank holidays. On the plus side next week is forecast to be a little cooler.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
As usual I'll not be fcoarse ishing until the new river season begins, but in this lovely weather I will go for a wander along the banks on Sunday and probably chat with a few trout anglers.

My right eye op' is scheduled for early May so I am hoping to be seeing perfectly by mid June . . . .

iain t

Reaction score
14c on the West Sussex coast at the moment. With a nice gentle wind. But feels hotter than 14c. Forecast for about 16c tomorrow.